Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,953   Posts: 1,558,000   Online: 1099

Shooter
    35mm

Printfile Ultima Preserver

Hi,

I have a silly question to ask. I ordered some neg preserver (120). Accidentally I ordered the more expensive Printfile Ultima instead of the regular printfile preserver. Ultima is clear and also, according to the description it is for sleeved negs.

So what is sleeved negs? Is it another layer of plastic to pretect the neg? Why is it need if you have the preserve pages? Can I still used this ultima for non sleeved negs?

Thanks for your time....

-D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you go to the Printfile website, you will see that they sell long rolls of flat plastic tubing -that is sleeving. You'll find that an unsleeved neg will be loose in the larger slot, and this may be a problem if you carry your negs around in a note book or similar.

DKT

basically you'd sleeve the neg in a material like an uncoated plastic, or something like archival polyester. the sleeve used on the film wouldn't be a tube, but would be a locking type sleeve, like a "fold lock" or a similar product. being able to insert the film lengthwise into a sleeve, then folding it shut, is a way to prevent potential scratches by sliding into a sleeve, and you also get around having to deal with any slip agents or additives in the notebook page being in contact with the film.

you can use the tube stuff, but you lose any benefits over using a standard page.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin