Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,314   Posts: 1,536,685   Online: 873

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rodinal quality ??

Hey All,

Long story short, an employee at a Toronto area camera store told me that the newer batch of Rodinal is not as good as the older stuff brewed before the recent Agfa kerfuffle. Maybe they were trying to move their stock, dunno. The stuff they had was still labelled Agfaphoto and the fineprint read AgfaPhoto GmbH. Has anybody else heard similar ? Is the new Rodinal even available yet ?

If the previous mix is better, I'm heading back to get a few bottles

Thanks,

Fred

Sounds to me that your first instincts were dead on. Salesmen will inherently sell as creatively as possible in this instance particularly when analog retail is a slow game.

Rodinal has been around for a very long time. The practical side of me feels that only a fool would purposefully alter a formula whose response character is essentially cast in stone. It would be financial suicide at the very least.

Onward!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since A & O hasn't settled on an US distributer for the Rodinal how can this jerk of a salesman make any legitimate comment on its quality.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    [COLOR=Red]Pre-A&O Rodinal[/COLOR] has reared its little head right on schedule! LOL!

Wayne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's what I thought, if the US hasn't gotten it yet, then where did this info come from ? Does Europe have theirs yet ? Agree as well that it'd be lunacy to change the formula. I will say though that I miss the old glass bottles it used to come in (dating myself I think...)

Off topic, picking up a used Beseler 23c tomorrow from a co-worker. Just need carriers for 6x7 and 6x9. Thinking of filing them down as well if/when I get them. Been ages since I stood under a red light lol.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to add to this story. While in the previously mentioned shop, upon being told that a particular batch of Rodinal was better than the coming ones, I jokingly suggested putting them on that auction site and making a few $$.

Lo and behold, check this out. This is funny, and sad.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/AGFA-RODINAL-B-W-...QQcmdZViewItem

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    [COLOR=Red]Pre-A&O Rodinal[/COLOR] has reared its little head right on schedule! LOL!

Wayne

Hahaha...That didn't take long now did it ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    [COLOR=Red]Pre-A&O Rodinal[/COLOR] has reared its little head right on schedule! LOL! Wayne
    I can see Rodinal being discussed by year like fine wine. "This is Rodinal 1953, a humorous little developer".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    rotflmao !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    People have been auctioning Rodinal for quite a few months. I've seen winning bids up to $50 for 500ml.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin