Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,636   Online: 778

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    Sandy,

I am making part A from chemicals I bought from Mike at Artcraft Chemicals and part B is sodium carbonate (Arm and Hammer Washing Powder). I also am using distilled water to mix stock and city water for diluted working solutions. I do not mix the two together until just before I need them in the sequence. I am using a Unicolor drum and motor base. I pre wash for 5 min then pour out and then add the pyrocat HD and then one min of water and then fix. With the Unicolor drum I dont have the little separator so all I can do is two 4x5 sheets at a time and I can do two 5x7 sheets at a time also or one 8x10. I mix to the dilution of 10:50:500. Any thing else I maybe missing?

lee\c
    Lee,

I don't see anything that you are missing. As best I can figure, your 10:50:500 dilution should indeed be equivalent to the regular 2:2:100 dilution.

But are you sure that the baking powder is really 100% sodium carbonate?

Sandy

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am using washing soda for Part B not baking soda which is something else bicarbonate of soda I think

Arm and Hammer Washing Soda only lists Sodium Carbonate as the ingredient. So I am pretty sure it is the real deal. Plus the Pot Carbonate negs look just like the Sod Carbonate negs....weird huh?

lee\c

I have been using Arm & Hammer with no problems, according to Sandy's recommendations for substituting Sodium Carbonate, and I normally use the 1:1:100 dilution
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    I am using washing soda for Part B not baking soda which is something else bicarbonate of soda I think

Arm and Hammer Washing Soda only lists Sodium Carbonate as the ingredient. So I am pretty sure it is the real deal. Plus the Pot Carbonate negs look just like the Sod Carbonate negs....weird huh?

lee\c
    Lee,

Well, there may not be anything all that weird. What I find is that it is possible to make good prints with negatives that are really underexposed and overexoposed, and that have low and high contrast. If you are making good prints then we would have to say that whatever you are doing is working for your particular type of exposure, development and printing,

Sandy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin