Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,735   Online: 1235

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images

FP4+ in Pyrocat hd

Hi Folks,

Any recommendations for this combo? I use a rotery processor and use vc paper. Formats are 35 mm and 120. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don,

I use this combination a lot in 4x5. You might try 7minutes +/- at 70 degrees. Good luck, it's really nice.

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Massive Dev Chart suggests 8 minutes @ 68f. Because I print alt process stuff, I tend to run mine a bit hotter to goose up the development - I do 8 mins @72f. Use the slowest possible rotation speed with your Jobo to avoid seriously overcooking the film and/or exhausting the developer prematurely.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am using 2+2+100 at 68F and 8.5 min in a Unicolor drum and motor base.

lee\c

Shooter
    35mm
    For 120 I run 1:1:100 for 8 min at 68f. Agitate first 30sec then 10 inversions on each minute. Water stop. PF TF-4 fix.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    I am using 2+2+100 at 68F and 8.5 min in a Unicolor drum and motor base.

lee\c
    Question for Lee and JB.

Is this for printing with VC silver papers? If so, assuming a scene of normal contrast (further assuming there is such a thing), what filter do you usually need for printing these negatives. Your times and methods of develpment should give negatives of quite different contrast.

Sandy

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Sandy,

I usually rate FP4 at 80, and wind up with negs that require very little in the way of contrast filtering for vc, often none at all.

adendum: This latest roll of 120 is printing nicely at #2. Nobody ever accused me of knowing what I was doing
    Last edited by JBrunner; 03-30-2006 at 12:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am making negs that look right to me. Maybe too thick but I rate the FP4 at ei 64. I split grade print so I can't say just exactly what grade the filter is. I have tried 1+1+100 and at the times Sandy and others say I get blank sheets or at least faint sheets of film. Been that way since day one with Pyrocat. As soon as I start to print this round of negs I will be happy to send you a sample to let you see the results.

lee\c
    Last edited by lee; 03-30-2006 at 02:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    I am making negs that look right to me. Maybe too thick but I rate the FP4 at ei 64. I split grade print so I can't say just exactly what grade the filter is. I have tried 1+1+100 and at the times Sandy and others say I get blank sheets or at least faint sheets of film. Been that way since day one with Pyrocat. As soon as I start to print this round of negs I will be happy to send you a sample to let you see the results.

lee\c
    Lee,

That would be interesting. I will send you my mailing address off-list.

BTW, are you mixing your developer from raw chemicals, or buying a pre-mixed liquid kit? If the latter, which one?

Sandy

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sandy,

I am making part A from chemicals I bought from Mike at Artcraft Chemicals and part B is sodium carbonate (Arm and Hammer Washing Powder). I also am using distilled water to mix stock and city water for diluted working solutions. I do not mix the two together until just before I need them in the sequence. I am using a Unicolor drum and motor base. I pre wash for 5 min then pour out and then add the pyrocat HD and then one min of water and then fix. With the Unicolor drum I dont have the little separator so all I can do is two 4x5 sheets at a time and I can do two 5x7 sheets at a time also or one 8x10. I mix to the dilution of 10:50:500. Any thing else I maybe missing?

lee\c

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin