Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,949   Posts: 1,585,936   Online: 998

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Delta 3200 in 510-Pyro - Any experiences???

I'm taking off to Japan next wednesday, and while packing my photo-backpack it hit me: my tri-x (which I rate at 1250 in Diafine) has been through 4 x-ray machines already with no fogging. Do I really want to risk x-raying it at least two more times (in DFW and Narita)?

So I remembered Delta 3200, and I'm curious of how it works with 510-Pyro. I'm sure that the image will be great, but I'm wondering on film speed. *IF* I buy some at the local store (and undoubtedly get ripped off) should I rate it at 1000, 1600, or 3200? 510-Pyro tends to give me box-speed or better, but I heard that delta 3200 (and t-max, for that matter) are iffy.

So, Jdef and others, whadaya think?

BTW, although this film would be for my 35mm camera, I'm putting delta ahead of tmax due to its availability in 120 (for future uses )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, nevermind. I just did a quick search and found MY OWN post referencing Ilford literature (which states that the true film speed is 1000). So, if I get some Delta 3200 I'll shoot it at 1250 and go from there.

But, since the tri-x is already packed, I'll just stick to that.

feel free to ignore these posts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't help you with the film/dev. combo, but, Andre, if you do take the Delta 3200 try to gt them to hand inspect it. Faster film, I think, is more likely to fog when they go through those machines. In fact, you might try to get them to hand inspect the tri-x... it's best that you don't send it through the x-ray machines more than about 5 times. Or just get some fresh rolls before you leave!!

Have a great trip!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool, thanks for the advice. I've given up asking for hand inspections, but maybe with "3200" written on the box it'll be easier.

I guess I'll take the overly x-rayed films out of the bag and replace them...

I'll post the 3200 results when I get 'em, Jay.

take care,

André

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin