Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,279   Online: 1031

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure seemed like a Rant.

I are into analog and I shoot a lot of Kodak's 8x10 TMAX 400.

By the way, the Crusades appear to be alive and well.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    So someone at Kodak actually realises that some people still like to use Kodak film, & thought it would be a good idea to advertise that fact!

They are going to lose their job surely......

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyboy
    Excuse me if it seems I was ranting, but I was merely attempting to make the point that to put any faith in Kodak doing anything whatsoever in OUR interests is tantamount to actually seeking a return of the Crusades. In other words, if your into analog, forget Kodak.

Jon
    from Deepinaharta, Georgia
    It doesn't seem like a rant. It *is* a rant. You don't like Kodak. Whatever.

I'm still using 5x4 Tri-X and see no reason to stop. It more than meets my needs, and Kodak keeps improving it. Moving to a new manufacturing facility and improving the film a few years ago -- I'd say that was in OUR interests, wouldn't you?

And have you seen a newspaper lately - that stuff about a war in Iraq? I'd say the Crusades have returned, with a vengeance. But the results are about the same as they always are. History does enjoy repeating itself.

Bruce
    from deep in the heart of North Carolina

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson
    It doesn't seem like a rant. It *is* a rant. You don't like Kodak. Whatever.

I'm still using 5x4 Tri-X and see no reason to stop. It more than meets my needs, and Kodak keeps improving it. Moving to a new manufacturing facility and improving the film a few years ago -- I'd say that was in OUR interests, wouldn't you?

And have you seen a newspaper lately - that stuff about a war in Iraq? I'd say the Crusades have returned, with a vengeance. But the results are about the same as they always are. History does enjoy repeating itself.

Bruce
    from deep in the heart of North Carolina
    Bruce,
    No, I didn't say I didn't like Kodak. If you read my posts, I said that I didn't like the corporate mindset currently in charge. You know, the people who make the big decisions as well as the big money.

I'm happy for you that you have found the film of a lifetime (at least in *your* case). I don't give a rat's rectum whose film you or anyone else uses, that was not the point I was making, either. As for building new facilities and improving the film, that was a few years ago and things have changed rapidly. Consider that the plans and go-ahead were drawn up and given at least a year before construction began, then, add in the time of construction, and now a few years in operation. Four or five years is a long time in the business world these days. Conditions change a lot more rapidly than that. So, the fact that Kodak built a plant before the decision was made to dump film altogether ends up meaning nothing, now. My question is: What do you do when they stop making film in another couple of years? Squirrel it away in freezers beforehand? Personally, I like my film the same way I like my venison, fresh.

As for Iraq, I don't think that is a fit subject to interject into a discussion about photography. Worse, I resent that you and another chose to parallel my words with that mess. I think it is in bad taste to begin with, and an unneccesary reminder to those that have people over there. If you're really interested in a discussion along those lines, pick another forum.

And, I am sure you think turning my tag-line around is clever, too. Frankly, brother, it ain't!

Now you can have the floor all you want, I am done with this thread.

Jon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin