Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,011   Online: 691

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Updated time for Foma 100 - 510 Pyro 1:500

There seems to be a growing group of 510-Pyro users out and about, so for those who care (or have cared, or will care, or are within 5 degrees of separation from caring) here are my updated times for developing Foma 100 (Arista.EDU Ultra 100) in 510-Pyro 1:500.

Most of the film I shot in Japan was in overcast/very flat light, and the negs are turning out very good with this time (very good "local contrast", but less blowing of the highlights than in the last times I used).

Anyway here's the time for roll film (120) in a tank:

Develop for 1 hour, with 3 gentle inversions at the start, and 3 gentle inversions every 15 minutes (4 total inversion cycles).

My contact sheets so far show extremely good results, though the negs look a bit denser than what I usually get with 510-Pyro. I might have to dial down the contrast a bit on some prints, but overall I'm pleased.

Please excuse the randomness of this post; I'm still jetlagged from the trip to Japan (woke up at 3 in the morning today, did some studying, read the newspaper, cooked breakfast, and though "what the hell, I'll go post on APUG").

André

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    How are you rating the film? I've always gotten woefully thin Tmax negatives using this developer with any dilution greater than 1:200.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I rate the film at box speed, so e.i. 100 . I've found that 510-Pyro negs can look thin, but print well; but at any rate, these negs look good by the usual standards (and SHARP!).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre R. de Avillez
    I've found that 510-Pyro negs can look thin, but print well;
    I've noticed this too. It's amazing. I think it's because of the heavy stain.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin