Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,465   Posts: 1,570,700   Online: 958

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Simon, good idea. Lets hope I can buy some Postcard paper here in Spain.... You got an online store yet?

Actually I was looking at some early pics of me when I was 1 year old (1967), not only is the picture printed on Ilford paper but I am holding a box of HP4!
    I guess that makes me a lifelong Ilford customer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon, I'm going to see if the local shop has the postcard paper so I can join in. I already have an image I'd like to print
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    simon -

does the image have to be shot on film or could it be something else, as long as it is printed on ilford post card paper.

thanks!

john

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian
    simon -

does the image have to be shot on film or could it be something else, as long as it is printed on ilford post card paper.

thanks!

john
    Excellent question John! For example, could it be a unique, one of a kind photogram? Or a direct image (negative) from a pinhole camera? Now I'm getting really excited!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Simon, I'm going to see if the local shop has the postcard paper so I can join in. I already have an image I'd like to print
    No problem Jeremy, I have some I can share/spare...let me know and I will bring it on Sat.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    12 May 2006

This is so cool!!! I was very sorry when I heard that Ilford had stopped production of the postcard stock. I have used it for years for family gathering photos. It is fantastic to hear that it is back on the market. I must ask the local photo store to order some for me.

I agree with Joey. Competitions like this could be a very good thing for "analog photography". I also salute Ilford for the novel approaches to marketing its products.

Thank you Ilford for supporting those committed to traditional photography.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I hope that you display them all after the competition.

And please bring us up to date on the availability of the postcard paper.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

In answer to your questions, this is for the APUG website only, including visitors : I would not wish it promoted elsewhere: I will allow any form of photo imaging such as pin hole images, but not anything originated on a digital exposure device.

Regards

Simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Emulsion will also have the winners included in an upcoming issue. I still want to enter, and I leave that up to Simon if at this point ethically I can enter the competition.
    Non Digital Diva

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great. I'm expecting my stock of Ilford Postcard paper any day now, so in the meantime I can shoot some FP4+

Now there's a choice to be made: shoot 35mm and fill the whole postcard, or shoot 6x6 so the result is prepared to be put on an Ilford photo paper box?... :rolleyes:

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin