Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,481   Posts: 1,542,702   Online: 823

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Aggie,

Of course it is ethical to enter

Simon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Postcard paper is available from Calumet here in the US. I was at their Chicago store a couple days ago and they had just received it and were putting it on the shelves. I bought some and will be entering the contest. Thanks to Simon and Iford for doing this.

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think the tricky part of this competition is going to be finding the paper!

The only place that I can find on the Web is Calumet. Who else is carrying it?

Thanks

Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Same for us unfortunately. Our Ilford 'distributor' says he's never heard of Ilford Postcard paper. Though when I set an account up with them they also said 'the new Ilf WT developer does not exist and since Ilford are out of business anyway, maybe I should try something else'. I don't have much clout since I'm not a retailer and a large vol buyer. So I suspect my attempts to enlighten them have rather fallen on blind ears.

Our schools are being fed llford Multitone RC paper, or ... er ... well ... Ilford Multitone RC paper, which our distributor buys from their prime opposition in Australia!

Yes, this is Ilfords' distributor in New Zealand. They are certifiably disinterested and useless.

Sorry, touchy subject. :-(
    Last edited by John McCallum; 05-18-2006 at 08:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear John,

I will follow this up : Simon :

As an FYI I am aware that postcard paper is not available everywhere, so you can submit a normal B&W print on ILFPRD photo paper 10cm x 15cm and post it to me
    it will be included in the judging.

Kind Regards

Simon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Silverprint has this information on their website regarding Ilford fibre based papers:

"Small sizes, including postcard have now been deleted by the
    manufacturer, and 5x7” is only in packs of 100."

But I know where to go to get answers on general questions about availability of Ilford products: it's here on APUG. That's good to know. I ordered from my local provider of photo products and my box of "deleted" postcards arrived today.
    Last edited by Jerevan; 05-19-2006 at 11:19 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Edited for clarity
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    J&C carry the postcard stock, and ship world wide.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wonders of of all wonder.. I went to a local photoshop which has left B&W products for dead (in favor of those digi-snappers) and WHOA there were 3 boxes sitting there. So I grabbed a box.. They also had 4 whole bottle of Viradon. I thought I'd never see that stuff again. So I bought 'em all.

Now I just have to decide which image to submit.

Great idea BTW.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Portfolio Postcard Gloss 10x15cm 100's 1834846 Pearl 1856084
    item number of postcard paper as I've got from Simon, it seems to be RC double weigth.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Simon, thanks for the reply and the concession re paper for the contest. If you are able to give things a rev up down this way, I'm positive you will make get good results. And now's a good time. Many people are smarting as the stocks of MC111 and 118 dwindle. Agfa was carried extensively by retailers until recently.

Best, John.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin