Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,811   Online: 1055

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's very kind of you to pass on so much research. Sharing such knowledge and hard work is what makes this such as great forum.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Kevin: I'm going to order some chems for ansco 130 tomorrow. I've heard so many great things about this developer. Is the formulary liquid version the same as the original recipe? If so I'll try it that way first.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Bobby: I believe the Agfa Neutol WA has been discontinued as have all of Afa's darkroom chemicals (I believe). I have been a user of WA with Ilford Warmtone and love it. However seems as if we now need a replacement---any thoughts

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by James Glaze
    Bobby: I believe the Agfa Neutol WA has been discontinued as have all of Afa's darkroom chemicals (I believe). I have been a user of WA with Ilford Warmtone and love it. However seems as if we now need a replacement---any thoughts
    Actually, A&O has purchased the rights to Agfa chemistry, and says they'll continue producing most (perhaps all) Agfa chemicals. This has been discussed a lot lately in threads focusing on Rodinal, but at least some (perhaps all) of the Neutol line should continue to be produced. I'm uncertain of the details because the members of the Church of Rodinal have been very concerned about Rodinal to the exclusion of other Agfa chemistry, so details about non-Rodinal developers have gotten short shrift in information gathering and subsequent discussions. The Neutol line has specifically been mentioned as being continued, but it's not clear to me if this is all members of that line or just specific products.

Shooter
    Large Format
    After a short period out of stock, I've been able to get Agfa Neutol & Neutol Wa on a regular basis from my local supplier (www.thecamerastore.com). It doesn't show on their website but I saw a dozen bottles on the shelf a few days ago.
    As far as Formulary 130, I've never seen in in liquid form. My Formulary of developer of choice has been BW65 which develops Forte Polygrade, or warmtone or Fortezo or any Bergger to perfection.

Just out of interest, how did the Kentmere paper stack up in the comparison? It's been getting lots of press lately.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    All Agfa chemicals except for a few obscure ones are in production. A&O acquired AgfaPhoto's chemicals production plant in Vaihingen, which is a state of the art facility, including the original staff. I think Agfa Gevaert is very happy about the continued availability of Agfa photo chemicals.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks much. I will try the BW-65. Also I have used Dectol with the Forte polywarm and it works quite well also. The print emerges with an olive cast but this can be removed with selenium toning at 1:10 for about one and a half minutes. Any longer and it gets pretty "rusty" looking and also looses contrast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by James Glaze
    Thanks much. I will try the BW-65. Also I have used Dectol with the Forte polywarm and it works quite well also. The print emerges with an olive cast but this can be removed with selenium toning at 1:10 for about one and a half minutes. Any longer and it gets pretty "rusty" looking and also looses contrast
    If you don't mind mixing your own developer, Ilford ID-78 is an excellent replacement for Neutol WA. Both developers are Warm Tone Phenidone/Hydroquinone formulations.

See: http://www.apug.org/forums/article.php?a=23
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So where do you get Neutol WA?
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You didn't try Oriental VC-FB. This is my favorite paper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin