Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,758   Online: 1253

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilford MGIV 250 sheet blank white box

I recently bought a 250 sheet box of Ilford MGIV neutral tone glossy paper from B&H photo. It had the Ilford sticker at the bottom, but the box was blank white. No photo or writing. Has anyone seen this before?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, but I just received a box of 50 sheets 16x20 Forte Fiber Polygrade from Freestyle. The box didn't have the familiar (to me) gold overwrap, and had a more generic looking logo (not a sticker, printed on the box). I just assumed it was a cost-cutting measure, but thought I would throw it in here.

DKT

I've gotten paper packaged like that from Ilford for years--usually on larger quantities like 250-500 sheet boxes....the boxes are usually blank white with a sticker with b/w text. pretty generic looking. no difference in the product though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardWowak
    I recently bought a 250 sheet box of Ilford MGIV neutral tone glossy paper from B&H photo. It had the Ilford sticker at the bottom, but the box was blank white. No photo or writing. Has anyone seen this before?
    I was just in Henry's this evening checking out the goodies and saw a 500 sheet blank white box of Ilford MGIV.44M 4X6. First time I had seen this packaging and I had to do a double take. It's not often that something new appeares on those shelves.

Dave

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I saw that too. I asked Simon Galley at the conference last week if that was the Postcard paper and he said he thought so. Should be enough for a few holidays!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Grimson
    I saw that too. I asked Simon Galley at the conference last week if that was the Postcard paper and he said he thought so. Should be enough for a few holidays!

The 4x6x500 ct is regular Multigrade 4, the postcard stock (with back printing etc) is in a 100 ct box and cut from Portfolio. If you can live with the lighter weight (and huge ct) the 4x6 Multigrade 4 is significantly less expensive.
    Celac.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I also purchased the Forte Polywarmtone paper from Freestyle and it came in a white box instead of the traditional gold box with the "Elegance" designation. I discusse this with Freestyle as I was concerned that the emulson may differ. I was assured that the emulsion was the same and that the new package represented that Freestyle was now purchasing directly from Forte and not from a US distributer who was apparently responsible for the gold package.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin