Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,097   Online: 1261

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

PC-TEA variants?

I have gathered together all the required ingredients to make 100ml of PC-TEA but I have two questions. There appear to be two different formulae for PC-TEA - one with 10g Ascorbic Acid the other with 9g - which is correct?
    Secondly, what would be suitable starting times when diluted 1+50?

All help much appreciated,

Lachlan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan Young
    I have gathered together all the required ingredients to make 100ml of PC-TEA but I have two questions. There appear to be two different formulae for PC-TEA - one with 10g Ascorbic Acid the other with 9g - which is correct?
    Secondly, what would be suitable starting times when diluted 1+50?

All help much appreciated,

Lachlan
    I don't think either is necessarily "correct". I believe 10 g ascorbic acid was the earlier version, identical to the older PC-Glycol formula. The pH of this working solution will be lower (i.e. longer developing times -- but the difference may be slight) than one made with 9 g ascorbic acid.

I use the 10g version. For 400-speed films at box speed, about 8-9 min at 22C seems to be a good starting point.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin