Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,546   Online: 1077

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try www.digitaltruth.com

Lachlan

times for acros on digital truth

Digital truth does not show a time value for acros at ie 100 at 1:50 diluted Rodinal. They show 1:50 at ie 80 for 11.5 minutes. I suppose I could extrapolate developind time to be 12 or so at i.e. 100 and see how your tecnique works.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aligndont
    Digital truth does not show a time value for acros at ie 100 at 1:50 diluted Rodinal. They show 1:50 at ie 80 for 11.5 minutes. I suppose I could extrapolate developind time to be 12 or so at i.e. 100 and see how your tecnique works.

Whoops!!!!!!! Teach me to set tongue in gear with brain in neutral! I have not used this method with Rodinal and Acros but I have used this method with Rodinal and other films. I would suggest first trying to get a time for Rodinal and Acros at box speed - say add 20% to the times for EI 50 then add the 50% for reduced agitation. You should get good printable negs and will be able to refine them from there - indeed the system is sufficiently forgiving that a minute here or there is unlikely to be significant.

Hope this helps and good luck,

Lachlan

rodinal method

Thanks,
    I'll give that a try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Rodinal 1+100 time listed on Digital Truth works well.

Shooter
    35mm

Acutol

Can I stop holding my breath now?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MMfoto View Post
    Can I stop holding my breath now?

As it turns out Paterson didn't bring back Acutol, but they introduced Aculux 3 and reintroduced FX-39.

I like Aculux 3 a lot - it gives good full range negatives that are easy to print - reduced agitation methods work really well. However, in the interim I had tried out Rodinal with reduced agitation, and I must admit I somewhat prefer Rodinal, especially with Plus-X. (Plus-X in Diafine is incredible too!)

YMMV

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Lachlan
    "A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous...got me?" Captain Beefheart

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could try Pyrocat HD instead.

I used Acutol, Acultol-S, and Aculux in the 70's, and went back to Adox Borax MQ. The various Paterson devs had major advantages, but all had disadvantages too.

Ian

Images

don' cry over Acutol.

Three years ago I did a comparison of Acutol with PC-TEA as a result of an argument with Michael Scarpitti. I have no financial interest in which one wins. The $150 I got for the PT article is probably all I'll ever get. For anybody who is interested, I am attaching comparisons of characteristic curves and some extreme enlargements of negatives of the same subject on the same roll of film on the same day. The tree is a Mimosa. You will see that resolution is about the same, as was grain.

My point is more that there are several ways to skin a cat or develop film than anything else. I could also point out that the shelf life of PC-TEA concentrate is much longer than that of Acutol, but I won't. The moral of the story is don't cry if Acutol never makes it back. Learn something else.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Acutol Detail.jpg   PCTEA DETAIL.jpg   AcuTea.JPG  
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, in my experience ACROS works very well in Pyrocat-HD and in Pyrocat-MC
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin