Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,709   Online: 951

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Acutol replacement

I have been developing Acros in Acutol and have been pleased with the results. Now I can't get hold of any acutol what would be a good replacement developer for Acros?
    I am a bit of a beginner and like to keep things simple!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RIchardn
    I have been developing Acros in Acutol and have been pleased with the results. Now I can't get hold of any acutol what would be a good replacement developer for Acros?
    I am a bit of a beginner and like to keep things simple!
    Rate the film at box speed or overexpose the 1/3rd of a stop. Use Rodinal or ADOX R09 at 1+50 dilution. Take the manufacturer's recommended time for Acros and add 50% but agitate for first 10 seconds then 10 seconds every three minutes only. Stop, fix and wash normally. Prepare to be amazed

Acutol should be available again within the next few months - this is according to Geoffrey Crawley who formulated Acutol.

Hope this helps,

Lachlan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the help. I will give it a try with Rodinal. This is probably a very silly question but what is the manufacturers recommended time for Acros? The data sheet I have found on the Agfa site does not mention Acros and the Fuji data sheet for Acros does not mention Rodinal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Massive Development Chart @ www.digitaltruth.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey! What happended to Acutol? I didn't know there was a problem, and now I see B&H has stopped listing it and also FX-39. What gives?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MMfoto
    Hey! What happended to Acutol? I didn't know there was a problem, and now I see B&H has stopped listing it and also FX-39. What gives?
    There were supply problems after the manufacturer of Paterson's chemicals moved to Spain - should be resolved soon according to Geoffrey Crawley.

Hope this helps,

Lachlan

Shooter
    35mm
    Lachlan: Do you get your Crawley news from the BJP??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MMfoto
    Lachlan: Do you get your Crawley news from the BJP??
    Nope, I got the news from PhotoEngineer who heard from Bill Troop what Geoffrey Crawley had said! There is a thread somewhere on APUG about this.

Hope this helps,

Lachlan

accutol substitute

lachan,
    I cannot find manufacturers time for Rodinal on the inside of the manufacturers box. Would you share your specific times?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin