Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,378   Online: 1034

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FP4, PyroCat, Extreme Minimal Agitation Times

Hello Everyone,

I've searched and searched but have found few threads with any development times and dilutions for FP4, Pyrocat HD, and Extreme Minimal Agitation in tubes. I'm developing for both silver gelatin and Azo contact printing.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Are you looking to prnt on AZO 2 or AZO 3? We can match VC silver paper to AZO 3, but AZO 2 has such a long ES it has to be treated differently.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley
    Hello Everyone,

I've searched and searched but have found few threads with any development times and dilutions for FP4, Pyrocat HD, and Extreme Minimal Agitation in tubes. I'm developing for both silver gelatin and Azo contact printing.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alex,
    I shot about 75 sheets of FP4+ in 4x5 and developed it with this method for contact printing on graded paper. Unfortuneatly I can't find the notebook I used. I'll make a real effort to find it this weekend and post the times. I'm the type of person that would loose my ass if it wasn't attached so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Best. Shawn

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Are you looking to prnt on AZO 2 or AZO 3? We can match VC silver paper to AZO 3, but AZO 2 has such a long ES it has to be treated differently.
    Grade 3 please Sandy. Also, is 1:1:150 the dilution to use or is it something else?
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley
    Grade 3 please Sandy. Also, is 1:1:150 the dilution to use or is it something else?
    Alex,

For VC silver papers and AZO 3 here is what I would suggest for extreme minimal agitation with FP4+. Dilution of 1.5:1:200 at 72F, four agitation cycles.

SBR 8 25 minutes
    SBR 7 35 minutes
    SBR 6 60 minutes

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thank you Sandy!
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Digging up an old one.

Sandy, do you still recommend the same for Pyrocat MC today? Do you have comparable recommendations for HP5?

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Alex,

For VC silver papers and AZO 3 here is what I would suggest for extreme minimal agitation with FP4+. Dilution of 1.5:1:200 at 72F, four agitation cycles.

SBR 8 25 minutes
    SBR 7 35 minutes
    SBR 6 60 minutes

Sandy
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Sandy, do you still recommend the same for Pyrocat MC today? Do you have comparable recommendations for HP5?
    I don't think Sandy King is around here any more. I'd suggest trying to contact him through his photography website.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Right...thanks!
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance,
    Alex
    How does minimal agitation in tubes work? Do you fill the tubes up to the top?

RR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin