Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,929   Online: 939

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    HeliH, with FX2 this is what I read. 1:1 stock to water. Stock is 50ml of A & 50ml B plus water to 1 liter. Agitate 60 seconds, leave alone for 45 to 90 minutes for slow to medium speed films at 68deg. Use a water bath if necessary to maintain temp. TFX2 is suppose to work better with the tabular and faster films. Fog is noted to increase when using FX2 with faster films.

In past stand developing regimes I usually pick a temp that suites me such that it is easy to maintain and not too far off from the darkroom temp. such as 70, 72 or 74-5 and base my times on that. As I shoot LF as well, I was able to pull a neg at whatever time I wanted. Maybe cut your roll and pull a test strip at 45 minutes. If it's not close to what you want add 10 minutes (or multiple) to the time for the next strip. Contrast changes take about 10 minutes.

I just got my TFX2 and am looking to develop a roll of Tri-X within a night or two.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just a quick question! Were these recommendations for 72 or 68F? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    OK, here is the data I have for a couple of the films you ask about. This is based on a dilution of Pyrocat-HD of 1:1:150 for semi-stand. That is, initial agitation for 1.5 minutes, and them once again for ten seconds at the 1/2 point of total development time.

FP4+
    high contrast scenes, 25 minutes
    medium contrast scenes, 35 minutes
    low contrast scenes, 50 minutes

HP5+
    high contrast scenes, 40 minutes
    normal contrast scenes, 50 minutes
    low contrast scenes, 65 minutes

Times for TRI-X 400 should be very close to those for HP5+, but I have not tested this. I don't have anything for the other films.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    With Kodak TMax 400, I use the 1+1+100 dilution of Pyrocat-HD (or Pyrocat-MC) and develop semi-stand for 18 minutes at 21C.
    Tom, what EI do you use with this method for TMax 400?

Many thanks

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldc View Post
    Tom, what EI do you use with this method for TMax 400?

Many thanks

Paul
    Paul, I use an EI of 320.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    Paul, I use an EI of 320.
    Great, I will try this combo next weekend when I am going for a trip to the coast! Many thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone, I haven't been online for ages, but now have my lines working again.

Sandy, thanks a lot for the times, I will try them. I've found Pyrocat working well with HP5 1+1+300, 20 C, abt 50 min (semi-stand). No matter what I've shot, looks just great and is really easy to print.

I'm printing on Ilford MG RC and also on FB papers.
    - Heli

Shooter
    35mm
    All,

I need some assistance please.

My stock of pyrocat HD just arrived and I plan to use it on :

1) HP5+; and
    2) Lucky SHD100

Both are 35mm film.

May I know are the times suggested by Sandy below for 35mm film or 120?

In addition, what should I use as a starting time for Lucky SHD100. Any suggestions?

Thanks a million!

This is based on a dilution of Pyrocat-HD of 1:1:150 for semi-stand. That is, initial agitation for 1.5 minutes, and them once again for ten seconds at the 1/2 point of total development time.

FP4+
    high contrast scenes, 25 minutes
    medium contrast scenes, 35 minutes
    low contrast scenes, 50 minutes

HP5+
    high contrast scenes, 40 minutes
    normal contrast scenes, 50 minutes
    low contrast scenes, 65 minutes

Times for TRI-X 400 should be very close to those for HP5+, but I have not tested this. I don't have anything for the other films.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin