Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,170   Online: 747

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Didn't J&C announce that the were testing each batch of Efke/Adox film when they receive it in order to check for production issues?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Low fog levels and no emulsion defects seen when I developed these Efke films Semi-Stand 1+1+100 at 21 deg C in Pyrocat-MC:

1. KB100 #310493 Exp 2006-1
    2. PL100 #410609 EXP 2007 10
    3. R25 #310588 EXP 2007-1
    4. PL 25 M #310596 EXP 2007-1

Some of this film was shipped via DHL some via USPS, all shipping boxes were marked DO NOT XRAY - PHOTOGRAPHIC FILM.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson
    Some of this film was shipped via DHL some via USPS, all shipping boxes were marked DO NOT XRAY - PHOTOGRAPHIC FILM.
    The emulsion number on my box is 210582 with no expiry. That in itself inspires little confidence.

The X-raying I'm referring to is when the film enters the country, not during its domestic transport, which should be ok. I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in any assurances given by DHS about their not zapping it. Absolutely none.

I think Dave Goldfarb has the best explanation. Don't buy too much of this stuff, and use it fast.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I have a pretty good supply of this film. Will freezing it help with the 'aging' and fog issues? Thanks.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I haven't had any issues with the Efke/Adox PL 100 film or JandC classic 400. This film is just slightly over a year old. But I've heard this before from someone else. I haven't frozen any so I can't attest to if that would help with the fogging or not. I love both of these films. I'm planning on giving the PL 50 and 25 a try.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do the 120 versions still curl?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't remember a curl problem, but it's been a year since I shot any 25. My big problem was piesces of the emulsion missing. If they could fix that problem, I'd buy more. Nice looking negs in Rodinal and Pyrocat HD.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had to deal with curl issues with other films; notably the old 2475 recording film which, like its close cousin Kodak's HIE, had no anti halation backing, and hence, no back coating. What I always did with this (only in 35mm, that is all it came in) was to reverse roll it for as long as possible. Otherwise, it was like a corkscrew and defied all efforts to handle it, ESPECIALLY when processed using pyrocatechin, which is what I liked to use it with. Boing!

So, I am still using up the last rolls, processing in MCM 100, and really frustrated with it, I soaked it in a propylene glycol solution. Well, by golly, that works. Hopefully there won't be any side effects.

I really haven't noticed anything that severe with the EFKE films that I've used or, for that matter, ADOX back in the pleistocene era. But, if you are having trouble with curling, try one or both of these tricks and see if that helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello JPD,

Quote Originally Posted by JPD View Post
    I'm still using my old stock so I don't speak from my experience but at Croatian Photography forum some guys reported that Fotokemika launched new base production and it don't curl like before. Haven't been in Fotokemika factory for a long time so nothing official.

My rolls are usually drying more than a week before I cut them and place in archival preserver (always lack of time to check all with magnifier) and when I get them down it is not much worse than Ilford or Kodak.

Pozdrav,
    Zvonimir

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JPD View Post
    I had some Efke 100 curl so badly that the focus was off on my 6x9 folder. Drove me nuts until I figured out that it was the film. Its a shame because otherwise I liked the film.

Mike D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin