Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,641   Online: 1017

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Citric acid has several uses in developers but in this case I believe it enhances the image tone.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 11-19-2011 at 02:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

yes

Yes, to answer your original question. I made it about 2 months ago and I developed with it 2 nights ago. I absolutely love it.

I used the recipe for Parodinal on the DigitalTruth.com website..

Parodinal film developer

Water 250 ml
    Acetaminophen 30x 500mg tablets
    Sodium Sulfite (anhydrous) 50 g
    Sodium Hydroxide (anhydrous) 20 g
    Mixing instructions: Add chemicals in specified sequence. LET STAND IN SEALED CONTAINER 72 HOURS BEFORE USING
    Dilution: as Rodinal
    Starting point development time: as Rodinal
    Notes: Keep crystals from bottom of container with liquid when decanting, stir before drawing off concentrate for dilution. Use within 30 mins of dilution. Acetaminophen is sold as Paracetamol or Tylenol and is available from any pharmacy.
    Please note that this formula has a maximum shelf life of 90 days.
    This information was kindly provided by Donald Qualls. For more details please visit Donald's page of Dilutions and Times

When you purchase the Acetaminophen caplets....Just use a small electric Coffee Bean grinder to pulverize the pills to a fine powder. It really works great. Plus when you have your next pot of coffee, your headache will completely subside

When I originally made it, it turned pink after 1 day, and then turned Poopy Brown, just like my bottle of Rodinal. Same formula times. It is a bit cloudy from all the chemicals but as you can see by my photos, it is working good. So far I have used it 1:25, 1:50 and this weekend will probably do some 1:100 stand development to see how it works out.

Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6138522880_7d3ddcf81a_z.jpg   6356848737_ff5888c2ba_z(1).jpg   6357162823_6d72a63fc3_z.jpg   6357201339_6c3c1ea2b4_z.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I miss read the post...print not film....sorry.

but I will give it a shot too...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I am interested in doing a print developer based on Parodinal and Ascorbic Acid instead of Metol and Hydroquinone.
    My idea for a formula, based on the Defender D-55 formula.

12ml of Parodinal
    37.5g Sodium Sulfite
    17g Ascorbic Acid
    72g Sodium Carbonate
    13g Potassium Bromide

I've done Phenidone to replace the Metol, with good results (got a Metol sensitivity and can't use it much), and I've tinkered with the replacement of Hydroquinone with Ascorbic Acid in this formula.

The question is how much to reduce the amount of Sodium Carbonate, since the Parodinal has Sodium Hydroxide as the alkali.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingWaves View Post
    I am interested in doing a print developer based on Parodinal and Ascorbic Acid instead of Metol and Hydroquinone.
    My idea for a formula, based on the Defender D-55 formula.

12ml of Parodinal
    37.5g Sodium Sulfite
    17g Ascorbic Acid
    72g Sodium Carbonate
    13g Potassium Bromide

I've done Phenidone to replace the Metol, with good results (got a Metol sensitivity and can't use it much), and I've tinkered with the replacement of Hydroquinone with Ascorbic Acid in this formula.

The question is how much to reduce the amount of Sodium Carbonate, since the Parodinal has Sodium Hydroxide as the alkali.
    I really don't see the point in using parodinal when it is obvious that you have the ingredients for making a standard paper developer. Parodinal is useful for people who cannot get the ingredients to make anything else.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I made Parodinal because I have a friend in China who cant get Rodinal. It was a fun experiment Plus I am like the child I always was on the inside, always wanting to jump in the primordial mud puddle and make giant mess. It's fun to make a big mess and actually have something come out of it that doesn't look like $hit. Like a kid pouring every drink in the refrigerator into a cup and offering you a sip. It's about self discovery.

Greg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin