Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,378   Online: 901

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak has discontinued HC-110 replenisher. I need a replacement. Any ideas on how to use regular HC-110 and mix it to replenishment strength? We are using dilution "B".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a substitute.
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/10190-...Make-2-Gallons

Substitute for replenisher.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/10191-...sher-to-Make-1

I use HC-110 also. It was Ansel's favorite. To tell you the true, I've never tried these products, but I will have to if Kodak discontinues HC-110.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Durazo View Post
    Kodak has discontinued HC-110 replenisher. I need a replacement. Any ideas on how to use regular HC-110 and mix it to replenishment strength? We are using dilution "B".
    I think that Kodak recommended self replenishing when they stopped making the replenisher. You would discard some of the old developer and add enough fresh to restore the volume. Check with Kodak's website for specifics or their customer service.

BTW, they deiscontinued the replenisher because nobody was buying it.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, I love reading a thread and then getting to the end, only to realize that it began 4 years ago.

Well, I guess HC-110 is still around!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Wow, I love reading a thread and then getting to the end, only to realize that it began 4 years ago.

Well, I guess HC-110 is still around!
    HC-110 is still around, but HC-110 replenisher is not!

Although I do have a bottle which I purchased in error (the labelling was very similar to HC-110 itself)
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    I think that Kodak recommended self replenishing when they stopped making the replenisher. You would discard some of the old developer and add enough fresh to restore the volume. Check with Kodak's website for specifics or their customer service.

BTW, they deiscontinued the replenisher because nobody was buying it.
    I'm making a densitometric plot chart of HC-110 with what's left of my HC-110 R. I am then making a plot with the Legacy 110 R and the Ilfotec HC replenisher. I will compare my results and see if either can be used as a replenisher for the remaining HC-110 developer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I use HC-110 as one shot developper and it goes just fine. So I have no idea how to use a replenisher (on the Freestyle web, there is no info about it either) and is it worth it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    I use HC-110 as one shot developper and it goes just fine. So I have no idea how to use a replenisher (on the Freestyle web, there is no info about it either) and is it worth it?
    I wouldn't suggest replenishment unless you are running a very high volume of film and want to focus on cost efficiency over quality.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    I wouldn't suggest replenishment unless you are running a very high volume of film and want to focus on cost efficiency over quality.
    Thanks for answering. I use one HC-110 bottle a year, amongst other developpers like D76 & Rodinal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    Some people used to use HC110 replenisher as a developer for pushing Tri-X to very fast speeds. You can find some info on this with a Google search. This is less popular now (was never that well known) that films like TMZ and Delta 3200 are available, though I wonder what it could do with them. I don't know if the Freestyle Legacy Pro brand would work for this; they do make replenisher. I'm tempted to give it a try. One formula I found was to use HC110 replenisher at 1+15, for 5.75 minutes at 75F, for an EI of 5000 with Tri-X.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin