Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,153   Online: 854

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is NO exact equivalent for HC-110. Ilford makes a developer that is similar but not the same. So there is no way to really mix the developer of one company with the replenisher of the other. Freestyle Legaacy Pro L-110 which has been mentioned in this thread and in others as a substitute but is not even close to HC-110. All you have to do is look at the two MSDS's. They really need to stop suggesting that they may be the same.

Kodak suggested a self replenishment system but never elaborated on the idea. So you are limited to using HC-110 as a one-shot or doing your own testing with self-replenishment.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fair enough, but I'm still thinking about trying the LC110 replenisher as a pushing developer. At worst I waste a bit of chemicals, buy a bottle I have no use for the rest of, and a bit of film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    Thanks for answering. I use one HC-110 bottle a year, amongst other developpers like D76 & Rodinal.
    Use it one-shot (I usually use Dilution B) and discard. You'll get very consistent results this way, and the cost of your developer will still be very low per roll.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin