Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,780   Online: 954

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft View Post
    What is "floopyness"? I might like the effect..does it cost extra?
    It's only extra if you ask the question....EC

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hello Simon,

...thats really great news. I am using the Ilford Multigrade Fiber for many, many years. I appreciate that I can use HOT WATER during the development of the picture, without any colorshift of the paper.

....this is also working with Ilforde graded papers, but NOT with the PE Mulitigrade paper. Will the new paper be suitable for a "hot water" development technic ????

To see my results just check on my website at http://www.marcus-kaufhold.de

Marcus
    Photojournalist, Frankfurt Germany

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Marcus,

The technique to flatten the paper should not affect its 'hot' water development characteristics. |I have has a look at your site...excellent work

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks Simon ! Appriecate Your materials very much as well!

Marcus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford's done what every business on earth wishes it could do, develop a dialogue with it's customers. From a marketing point of view it's a dream come true, I dont see why other companies seem a little scared of it.

Excellent news, innovation is always something to be impressed with, especially in this industry.

(and, Marcus, simply amazing photographs)
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Just to let APUG members know, we have developed a new manufacturing technique that keeps FB papers entirely flat during manufacture and finishing, it also seems to encourage the paper to REMAIN very, very flat after the processing and drying process.
    I would like to know how you achieve that. I am always interested in technical details.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi View Post
    I would like to know how you achieve that. I am always interested in technical details.
    Don't tell him, Simon!!! Not before cashing in hugely on this new invention. After that, sell the recipe to other manufacturers.

Jaap Jan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Just to let APUG members know, we have developed a new manufacturing technique that keeps FB papers entirely flat during manufacture and finishing, it also seems to encourage the paper to REMAIN very, very flat after the processing and drying process.
    Simon,

Great news, at least for me.

I'm looking forward to use it.

Cheers
    Alfonso

Shooter
    35mm
    Mr Galley, I don't respond very often to your posts, but I thought I'd chime in this one time to let you know that I read most all of them. The time you spend on behalf of Ilford/Harmon informing the photographic community here on apug.org is indeed time well invested. Thanks for keeping us up to speed on the state of the art and for affording us renewed faith in Ilford. Keep the good news coming. Cheers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

I am afraid I cannot tell you how our R&D and Manufacturing R&D have done it, it is obviously 'company confidential' , as to our 'informing' our customer base on APUG, its a pleasure, we get to know what you want and what you think ( good or bad ) that is so important for us, all our directors have various 'end user driven actions' from attending trade shows ( and actually working the stand ), or handling incoming e.mails etc, etc and I can assure you they all enjoy it...why ? because what they hear first hand from you ( our customers ) can be used to challenge assumptions we have in our own business....hopefully it will keep us one step ahead..

My work on APUG is 5 to 8 hours per week on top of my other responsibilities , some people spend more time than that answering internal e.mails or going to lunch, I do do the former, rarely the latter...and most important of all.. I really enjoy it....and I have learnt a lot

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin