Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,395   Online: 893

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    some people spend more time than that answering internal e.mails or going to lunch, I do do the former, rarely the latter...and most important of all.. I really enjoy it....and I have learnt a lot

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited
    The Simon, when we finally meet, I'll take you to lunch so you don't miss out.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Aggie,

It would be a pleasure...

Simon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Marcus,
    .....I have has a look at your site...excellent work
    Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Hi Marcus,

I also appreciate the photos on your site. I love the dark skies you achieve.

Unfortunately I don't read German, and even using Google's translation option I wasn't able to find out more about the materials that you use. I know you speak about the papers a bit in this thread, but could you perhaps share with us more about your choice of film, chemistry and any camera filters you use?

regards
    Peter

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hello Peter..

...sorry, I didnot lock into this thread for a pretty long time.

Dark skies:

- I do use a dark red filter on the camera for real dark skies.

- If there are clouds, I do it in the darkroom: Normaly two times light on the sky during enlargment. (One time for main subject).

- Hot water is also usefull, but it works only with serveral papers. (Ilford Multigrade fiber BUT not PC.)

- Normaly I shoot on FP4 or Fuji Neopan 1600.

- If You need more information, sent me a mail. BUT BE SURE TO ADD A GOOD SUBJECTLINE. I receive up to 100 spams a day - most of them in English. (SO I am quiet quick in deleting the English one).

All the best

Marcus

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hello Peter again...

my email is kaufhold@taunus.de

sorry!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Aggie,

It would be a pleasure...

Simon
    Simon,
    I hope all you say is true. I wish Ilford paper would tone better. That has been one of the major draw backs with using Ilford papers. I dream of a good cold tone, full contrast range, heavy paper stock, fiber base paper that tones really well. Maybe my dream will come true. Thanks, Simon, John

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I like curly paper. It's given me a good excuse to purchase a rather nice collection of large photobooks under which to flatten it.
    Hywel

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear All,

I notice in a couple of threads people discussing the floopyness and more significantly the curl characteristics of Fibre ( baryta ) papers.

Just to let APUG members know, we have developed a new manufacturing technique that keeps FB papers entirely flat during manufacture and finishing, it also seems to encourage the paper to REMAIN very, very flat after the processing and drying process.

We believe this will significantly ease handling, movement during exposure, borderless printing, processing and more importantly the drying and mounting process, we are currently testing initial coatings using the new technique, we are pretty sure using the new technique does not change any of the sensitometric or other characteristics of the coated papers, but I am sure
    you will understand we need to complete this work before moving to the new manufacturing process for our Fibre Base paper ranges.

Before you ask, my guess is we will change to the new process in early in 2007.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Simon,
    Will this new paper have better toning characteristics than your existing papers. I selenium tone all my prints at about 20:1 dilution to create a slight color shift to a blue cold tone. I would like to switch to your product, but the lack of toning response is a real draw back for us who like to selenium tone our prints this way. I think Ilford would have a greater following if their papers toned better. Keep us informed to the changes we can expect in the future. As traditional darkroom photographers we are searching for product we can put our loyalty with. I hope Ilford can be that company.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi John (lightranger)

I selenium tone Multigrade IV FB with KRST @ 1:10 for about three minutes. I found that 1:9 was too rich, in that the darker print values 'eggplanted' (went purple-ish) too fast, which I don't care for. Maybe you should try a richer toning solution?

Murray

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Murray,
    I have always used Kodak selenium toner. I haven't heard of KRST toners before, but maybe I will look for it. I will try toning Ilford @ 1:10. that is the dilution I had to use with Kodak Fine Art papers. With Forte I use 1:30 because it really tones well. That has been my paper of choice lately, but it appears that will change again. So I guess it's time to give Ilford a closer look. Thanks for the recommendation. John

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin