Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,696   Online: 907

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Simon,

I'm very happy Ilford listens to the voice of the customer. I try to support Ilford as much as possible. Before I get too excited, the emulsion remains critical. Since you are testing emulsions for the new support, let me suggest a warmish paper with increased contrast in the lower tone register vs the current contrast curve of Multigrade IV papers. Your new product would appeal to former Agfa/ Forte users as negatives tuned for Agfa/Forte Polywarmtone Plus papers don't fit Multigrade IV's curve.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 05-05-2007 at 01:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paper curl when drying was my biggest bugbear with using FB papers. If this works I will be delighted to start using fibre again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My most recent box of Ilford FB MG IV glossy 11x14 is different from all those I have used previously. It gently wet-curls in the opposite direction (90 degrees different) from all previous boxes in the last five years, and it seems to have a somewhat different wet-drape and dry flatter with less tendency to curl. Box number was 25D770X54. Anybody else see a recent difference? Is this their new paper base at work? Anyone with similar experience?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Folks: I contacted ILFORD directly and was told by the technical devision that there has not been a change in the paper base. I was told that it might be related to a difference in the direction of the cut of the paper from the roll, which can be random at times. ILFORD was very fast with several responses, which I very much appreciate. I have used their paper for more than ten years and will continue to do so. In my opinion it is great stuff and I hope it stays that way. We need such a high quality manufacturer to stay healthy and each do our part to be sure that happens. Bob

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Fotokemika Varycon and Foma MG Classic have a similar paper base in regards to drying flat. They dry somewhat flat similar to Agfa 111. Hope Ilford can tweak their paper base.
    RJ

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin