Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,031   Online: 882

Thread: ADOX 25 in Ro9

Shooter
    4x5 Format

ADOX 25 in Ro9

I have been using ADOX 25 5" x 4", exposing it as 25 ISO and processing it at 15 mins in Perceptol at 1:3;this has given good results.
    I have just brought some ADOX R09 (which is claimed to be like Rodinal), this is cheaper than Perceptol.
    ADOX reccomend under exposing the film by a stop (why they don't just rate it at 50 is beyond me) andthen R09 1 + 100 for between 36 - 42 minutes.
    i am processing 6 sheets at a time, in a tank designed for 12, which takes 1.4 lts to fill, so don't want to whaste to much chemistry.
    I would apreciate the views of any body who has used this film and processed it in R 09, partcuallrly about the times as 36 - 42 is quite a big margin!

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    R09 should give higher speed yield than Perceptol, so it makes sense to give the film a little less exposure.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Peter!
    Welcome to APUG!
    Mama took my APX away.....

I have not used this combination but would expect times close to Efke 25 (same film?) in Rodinal 1:100: www.digitaltruth.com/chart/menu.html
    Speed and times you give may be push processing?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Given that you will be using quite dilute solutions, the time range is not that unreasonable.

For Adox/Efke 25 roll or (9x12cm) sheet film I use Rodinal 1+100 and either 18 minutes with "reduced" agitation, or 1 hr stand. This is for when shot at EI25. When I accidentally shot a couple of sheets at 100, I developed it for 30 minutes using my reduced agitation scheme. Seemed to work fine.

At 1+100, you are only using 14ml developer. You can also try 1+200 stand, for about 2 hours.

(BTW, I seem to recall reading that R09 1+40 is equivalent to Rodinal 1+50)

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    If you want something fast, try "Rodinal Special".
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi View Post
    If you want something fast, try "Rodinal Special".
    I like the results with this developer using the more dilute solution recommended by Agfa. Times are longer and easier to use.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin