Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,158   Online: 781

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Minimal agitation must be used with highly dilute developers. Attempting to use such a technique with normal strength developers will result in uneven development. Highly dilute developers are not replenishable because they do not keep.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah-ha. I see your point. Highly dilute developers tend to be one-shot by definition. Well, I think the first step for me is to determine whether reduced agitation offers characteristics that I really want.

Last night I tried minimal agitation for the first time. Actually, it was extreme minimal, according to Sandy King's definition. I developed Adox PL100 in Pyrocat HD (dilution 1.5:1:200) for an hour using Sandy's scheme of 1.5 minutes initial agitation and 10 second agitation at the 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 points.

Up to now, the only reason I'd have for leaving film in the developer that long is if I accidentally fell asleep. I really had serious doubts that it could work.

But, alas, it worked wonderfully. It looked every bit as good as an identical sheet developed with continous rotary agitation. One has slightly more stain and one may have a tiny bit more contrast than the other, but no apparent uneveness. I want to see if I can detect any difference between the two in terms of edge effects when I print them. I like the PL100 but it doesn't seem to render high accutance using rotary development. I seem to get crisper edges with TXP.

-Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin