Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,648   Posts: 1,481,283   Online: 703

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Puretranquility View Post
    Dear All,

I have recently moved on to black and white film, and like as I was advised, I have chosen a single make of film to stick with.

I have chosen Ilford 400 Delta Professional, and will be scanning the negatives to be developed at www.arrowfile.co.uk (apparently an award winning printing comapany; I would say so..).

With the vast array of liquid and powder developers available, and the addition of my Nikon F80 ISO settings being able to be adjusted to suit, would it be possible to gain some advice from a person with experience in this area with regards to a developer, method, and ISO setting suitable for scanned images requiring little or no editing, that resemble perfectly exposed and developed Ilford Pan F 50 Plus please.

Kind Regards,

Puretranquility
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    " The most stupid question is the one you don't ask "
    I develop Delta 400 rated at 200 for 7 minutes at 70F using my PCM homebrew formula.

2.5 ml 1% Phenidone solution (dissolved in 90% alcohol)
    4 g Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C crystals)
    5 g Sodium metaborate
    1 liter water

Larry

Shooter
    35mm

Thankyou !

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-iac View Post
    I develop Delta 400 rated at 200 for 7 minutes at 70F using my PCM homebrew formula.

2.5 ml 1% Phenidone solution (dissolved in 90% alcohol)
    4 g Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C crystals)
    5 g Sodium metaborate
    1 liter water

Larry

Dear Sir,

Thankyou very much, I just hope it is a genuine recipe. If so, I can send the British Indian restaurant recipe for curry sauce for chicken and for chicken balti to you if you like - (a highly revered secret)..

Kind Regards,

Puretranquility

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Puretranquility View Post
    Dear Sir,

Thankyou very much, I just hope it is a genuine recipe. If so, I can send the British Indian restaurant recipe for curry sauce for chicken and for chicken balti to you if you like - (a highly revered secret)..

Kind Regards,

Puretranquility
    Being a lover of, and sometime cook, of Indian food, I'll be happy to have the recipe.

P.S. There are some variations on the above formula which can sometimes be useful, depending on your preferences and circumstances. E.g. In order to avoid having to mix everything from scratch every time, I sometimes mix the ingredients together in a 3X concentrated solution in a Propylene Glycol base instead of water. Then when ready to develop, I simply add 20ml (1:50) of the concentrate to a liter of water. Propylene glycol is a preservative that will keep the ingredients fresh for a very long time without oxidation.

Another wrinkle: Sodium carbonate may be substituted for the metaborate. This raises the pH and makes the developer more active, thus shortening the development time and producing slightly coarser grain, although with the T-grain films like Delta or ACROS, this is barely noticeable. I do this with slower films like ACROS or Delta 100. I find it useful to add a good pinch (literally) of sodium metabisulfite to the mix to reduce the pH just a bit. This has the added advantage of helping to get the reddish-purple antihalation dye out of the emulsion much more easily.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    120 Delta 400 rated at 400 and developed in ID-11 1+1 for 14mins - superb.

See examples of 'Lily' in my gallery.

Good luck
    photography is an art of expression
    www.nigelharley.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin