Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,485   Online: 1000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had asked him if I could buy a sampler: ie 1 box of 4x5, 5 rolls of 120 100, 5 of 400.
    Thats the price he quoted me :
    he box of 4x5 cost you £12 the 120/100 £7.30 and the 120/400 would be £8.50 plus add the freight which is stated in the listing
    THAT is more expensive than Ilford... (7dayshop)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by buze View Post
    I had asked him if I could buy a sampler: ie 1 box of 4x5, 5 rolls of 120 100, 5 of 400.
    Thats the price he quoted me :

"The box of 4x5 cost you £12 the 120/100 £7.30 and the 120/400 would be £8.50 plus add the freight which is stated in the listing"

It doesn’t say much to us if you don’t tell us what would the three box of similar Ilford cost and what would be the price for a five pack of those films! Does it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by buze View Post
    http://www.7dayshop.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think he just pull your leg off or just dont want to sell outside of Ebay listing! How can he tell you that one box is £12 when his listing starts on £16 and the “buy it now” price is on £24? And that’s for tree boxes! You probably misunderstood the thing or what?
    Anyway I click on his other items and I think prices are goooood! I just have one question. If you are a potential costumer as you say why don’t you buy on Ebay and try it? It’s really not that much money. I buy cd’s for much more every month and some of it I use as Frisbee because it’s so bad that I’m not able to listen to it once more!

Also I did some resources and the results are here to get your calculators working!

http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/filmi.htm

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...x=9&Submit.y=7

Anyway they talk about this on the French High resolution site and on the German site too and all says the same thing as David stated here before!

I'm off from this thread now on!
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 11-07-2006 at 05:37 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot some

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you sure you are not affiliated ? You sound very "positive" to me. You quote robertwhite who is a LOT more expensive than 7dayshop. I can also /easily/ find expensive place to buy film, it's not hard. I can also find excellent film for cheap, like the shanghai one (4x5 48 sheets shipped = £12)

I could transcribe the whole email exchange, but there is no point, I asked him to quote me a price for a box + 10 rolls because I don't want to have 75 sheets of film I don't like in my freezer, there is enough stuff I never shoot there already. Nor do I want 50 rolls of film for the same reason.

I asked him a price, and he gave me one; I asked him if he was /sure/ about it too... I'm not responsible for his pricing policy, I also tought it was odd to quote a bigger price for one box + a handful of rolls than for 3, but heck, it's his pricing policy. Or the "quick buck" policy, depending.

As a matter of fact, re-reading, I now seem to remember someone punctuating all of his sentences with exclamation marks, seems to be the same personage to me...

Hello Michel!

Because of this film is still very rich in silver! Silver is expensive nowadays! As a photographer I can clearly see the difference. I have worked with many brands of films and I can tell you this! Those modern films from Kodak and Ilford contain 80 or less percent of the silver as this one! This shows very clearly if you compare pictures taken for example with 135 mm film! (which I’m not selling)

Shanghai I have never tried but surely you can’t compete with Chinese salary or their post services either for that matte with us!! But there is some backdoors. Like buying towels says made in china 100% cotton and the thing won’t dry the moisture off from your body or buy a new T-shirt with hole in it or that hard label with your neck which irritates you and remind you to not to buy T-shirt made in China any more!

This is the film as Kodak was in the early days before modernizing out all silver from the film (I think that I’m already told you the origin of this film hidden under the lines)

So sorry Michel but that’s how it is! After all it’s your image quality not mine! As a highly educated photographer I believe I know what is good for me!

Frankie!
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: frank ************
    Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2006 10:20 AM
    Subject: Re: Question for item #190047918664 - EUROPAN 4x5? 200 ASA B/W sheet film 25 sheet/box.3 box

Hi Frankie,

Hmm I can get 25 HP5+ for £12.99 .. And 5 rolls of Ilford (any, including Delta 400) for £7... Kodak is a bit more expensive but it's a "proven" film...

What makes your film so good that I'd pay more for it than known, proven brands ? I mean I /am/ interested in special film of unknown origins, but I'm certainly not going to pay more for it !
    Last edited by Ole; 11-08-2006 at 03:18 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Removed full name

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Frankie!!

Your exclamation marks give you away!!

Noone else but you use that many of them! That's your own auction!!!

-- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin