Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,944   Posts: 1,585,781   Online: 1032

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

New film in town

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's rebranded Fortepan. Which is good enough, whatever name it has.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I asked the seller and he refused to tell me the origin. Just that it is "high silver" and therefore can sell a film of unknown origin to the price point of Ilford.

When I questioned that, his conclusion was :
    So sorry Michel but that’s how it is! After all it’s your image quality not mine! As a highly educated photographer I believe I know what is good for me!
    Which I tought was a very nice thing to say to a potential customer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You know, if it walks like a duck... I think I know who the seller is, and if it is him, he's buying directly from the factory as far as he has explained it to me. But nevermind - buy it and try it!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it’s Forte than its good and rich in silver! Some of my best exhibition images taken on Forte and not even that it had been printed on their pepper too! Mind you, if it’s Forte than we talk about an old Kodak company and probably those films are manufactured after their recipe! Which means? What? I don’t have to tell you do I?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With a BIN price some 50% higher than Ilford film, I'll pass. Oddly, I can't find any UK supplier of Fortepan amongst the usual suspects...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    With a BIN price some 50% higher than Ilford film, I'll pass. Oddly, I can't find any UK supplier of Fortepan amongst the usual suspects...

Cheers, Bob.
    I thought Classic Pan 200 was supposed to be the same?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well, it could only be Fortepan 200 or Fomapan 200T, and Fortepan seems more into the rebranding game, so that's a pretty likely possibility.

ClassicPan 200, J&C Classic 200, and most likely Bergger 200 are all Fortepan 200.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post

Cheers, Bob.
    Can you whisper into my ears where I can find Ilford for that price you mentioned? Tree boxes 75 sheets of fresh film for 12 Euros? Because so far I would buy a whole one year of Ilford production!
    Last edited by uraniumnitrate; 11-07-2006 at 08:26 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by uraniumnitrate View Post
    Can you whisper into my ears where I can find Ilford for that price you mentioned? Tree boxes 75 sheets of fresh film for 12 Euros? Because so far I would buy a whole one year of Ilford production!
    Whoops! missed that it is for THREE boxes...

That sounds much more sensible!

I do wish people would stop re-packaging stuff - I could get confused...!

Cheers, Bob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin