Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,717   Online: 1112

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Troutmask,

Try 10 minutes in C-41 developer.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You might save the Tech Pan for those shots where you want to boost the contrast without the shortcomings of pushing normal film. Developed for high contrast (I usually use print developer) it is great for photographing clouds and other low contrast subjects.

There exists a published recommendation and procedure for Tech Pan in Rodinal by a Kodak consultant
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Like others have said, many developers will work with TP. I personally like Rodinal but then I like Rodinal for everything. What has always shocked me is people looking for a developer to reduce contrast with TP. What is the point of shooting it if you don't want a high contrast film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
    Like others have said, many developers will work with TP. I personally like Rodinal but then I like Rodinal for everything. What has always shocked me is people looking for a developer to reduce contrast with TP. What is the point of shooting it if you don't want a high contrast film?

For the non-existent grain.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

High Contrast

Quote Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
    I got the film for this very reason (and it was only a fiver for 50 sheets!) so I think I will stick with the Rodinal and take some pictures of clouds!!!
    Hope the sky is interesting tommorrow.
    "The Church says that the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church"
    Ferdinand Magellan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've processed Tech Pan in Rodinal at 1:300 for 13 1/2 minutes at 70F. The first roll looked good, but the negatives were thin on the second roll.

I think I underagitated the second roll, so I'll keep that in mind for my next roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot TP when I want high contrast, non-existent grain and very high acutance.

If I want normal pictorial contrast, fine grain and high acutance I generally shoot TMax-100.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sa-weeeeeeet!!!!

The guy mispelled Tech Pan. I found it when looking for technidol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6703&rd=1&rd=1

........:-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Hamiel View Post
    & you can still buy the Technidol developer at:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search
    By all means use Technidol. As noted, B&H still stock it, and you will never duplicate the results. That film is pure perfection. Five dollars for 50 sheets? The seller must be deep in the ether.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin