Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,402   Online: 823

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    pounds not dollers, still a bargain. I need a UK supplier. It was sold by a guy from Ilford who also asked the same for a box of 25 Ilford sheet film. I got the feeling he didn't know a lot about sheet fim and even less about Kodak. Not even sure why an Ilford rep. was selling old Kodak film!
    I have got my hands on one bottle which makes 600ml I think I should be able to tray process 3 + films. No instructions with the bottle of Technidol so looking around for suggestion.
    I have been told that the film can be usd for some really detailed portrait work. I am preparing a documentary piece on a local area and hope to photograph a few characters in there natural setting (a bar!). Craggy faced lot, think this film will be ideal?
    "The Church says that the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church"
    Ferdinand Magellan

Shooter
    35mm
    See this for reference:
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe.../p255.jhtml#10

Good Luck

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Tech Pan can enhance character lines. However, when photographing people, it might be better to use a film with which you are familiar. The right light, and perhaps a little extra development, should suffice. Save the Tech Pan for other subjects.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    The guy misspelled Tech Pan. I found it when looking for technidol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6703&rd=1&rd=1

........:-)
    Now that was fun, I just ran a test roll, nearly perfect look.

First time I have souped film by hand in at least 8 years, first time in 16 years for Techpan. My temps were dead on, did it in the sink w/ Technidol. Even had to stop bath with regular water.

The development looks good, no streaks, tonal range better than expected. But...as I was loading the film, I noticed the back felt a little rough, kind of strange I thought. I have scanned a couple and they are covered with white spots on some negs. Then the film is just plain dirty, probably need to get a proper film washer and use stop bath next time.

I shot it exclusively with an M6, 28mm 2.0 & 50mm 1.4 aspheric lenses, They are stellar in sharpness and tonal range. The grain is pretty much non-exsistant, kind of spooky like.
    Last edited by PKM-25; 12-18-2006 at 01:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What about using POTA developer:

Sodium Sulphite (anhydrous) 30 g
    Phenidone 1.5 g
    Cold water to make 1L

Use undilluted

Development time 6-12 mins.

This is a low contrast fine grain film developer and was recommended for Technical Pan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak still list Technidol as a current product and I have had no trouble getting it. I got some last week.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmm....stuff looks nice, insane on the lack of grain.

pardon the truncated tonal range from web compression.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Rodinal 1:100 definitely works, give it a try if you can't get the technidol. I still have a couple of bulk rolls I'm looking to sell, if anyone's interested. Take a look at the classifieds.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've always wondered how pyrocat deals with tech pan since it deals with high contrast pretty well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After discovering some forgotten rolls in the freezer a few years back, I tried some WD2D+ with it. It was a great combination, printed easily and had great, full tonal range. I had too many projects going at the time and didn't return to it after learning of the discontinued status. I have since sold the remainder and plan to retire early from the proceeds (man... people are crazy!).
    Craig Schroeder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin