Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,894   Online: 1231

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I'm using spiral blb that are in the 300-400nm range am I correct that I don't have to worry about eye damage? These bulbs peak at 350nm (which is where AZO seems to be) so I'm thinking they aren't as particularly dangerous as UVB. I'm wearing my glasses too.

Thanks,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Will S View Post
    If I'm using spiral blb that are in the 300-400nm range am I correct that I don't have to worry about eye damage? These bulbs peak at 350nm (which is where AZO seems to be) so I'm thinking they aren't as particularly dangerous as UVB. I'm wearing my glasses too.

Thanks,

Will

Will,

The spiral BLB tubes radiate most of their energy at about 360 nm. This is potentially dangerous to your eyes so I would recommend that you invest in a pair of UV glasses if you are going to be looking at the light a lot, as you would if contact printing with the bulbs, or in looking at the image on the easel in a projection printing system.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Will,

The spiral BLB tubes radiate most of their energy at about 360 nm. This is potentially dangerous to your eyes so I would recommend that you invest in a pair of UV glasses if you are going to be looking at the light a lot, as you would if contact printing with the bulbs, or in looking at the image on the easel in a projection printing system.
    Thanks! I may have to consider putting the uv bulbs on a separate switch and focusing with the white light only. It's too bad they take so long to warm up.

Thanks again,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Will S View Post
    Thanks! I may have to consider putting the uv bulbs on a separate switch and focusing with the white light only. It's too bad they take so long to warm up.

Thanks again,

Will
    Will,

Consider putting your enlarger circuit on a light integrator. That is what we do with plate burners, and in some cases with regular enlargers. The Metrolux timer, for example, is really a light integrator.

Sandy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin