Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,459   Posts: 1,643,864   Online: 959

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    just to muddy the waters, I use Kodak Rapid Fix without the hardener and I have seen no problems with reduced stain with PMK or Pyrocat HD. When I was using PMK and shooting Ilford films (mainly HP5+) I tray developed everything and I used a pre-soak for about 2 min. I also added about 4 or 5 drops of LFN to the pre-soak. Theory was Ilford adds some photo flo substance (or so I was told) to the film emulsion and I would be washing it out and I also thought it might help keep the film from sticking together.

With Pyrocat HD I am using a rotory style drum and motor base and I pre-soak for 5 min using Jobo's methodology. Same Fix no loss of stain. go figure.

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    You also don't mention the volume of developer you are using. Sandy would be he expert here, but I think you would need a pretty large quantity of 1:1:100 to develop 5 8x10 sheets of film.

Good luck with this.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jgjbowen View Post
    You also don't mention the volume of developer you are using. Sandy would be he expert here, but I think you would need a pretty large quantity of 1:1:100 to develop 5 8x10 sheets of film.

Good luck with this.
    This came up just a few days ago on another thread. All of my own work with rotary processing is based on the use of 250 ml of the 1:1:100 dilution. That would be 1250 ml to develop five sheets of 8X10 film.

If you use the 2:2:100 dilution you can use slightly less. In fact, quite a bit less. For example, I have developed 20X24" film using as little as 500 ml of the 2:2:100 dilution, even though the minimum amount as suggested above would have suggested the use of about 1500 ml of solution.

Sandy

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I use 500 ml of pyrocat for 4 4x5's or 2 5x7's or 1 8x10 but only because the math is much simpler and I am not a rocket scientist.

lee\c

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin