Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,565   Posts: 1,621,813   Online: 755

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Efke/Adox 100 Developing starting points

Greetings!

I have been a long time user of FP4+ for everything from 120 to 12x20 film. I have processed these films using a Jobo Processor and Drums using PMK (120 to 5x7) and Rollo Pyro for 8x10 and larger.

I recently purchased some Adox (Efke) 100 sheet film (8x10) as a test to see if this is an alternative for the more unique film sizes (7x11, 4x10 etc...) I shoot (had been using Photo Warehouse which was FP4). I am interested in gaining a starting point from which I can work with the film, ISO, devleopment time/process etc...

Presently I do the following:

PMK:
    Jobo set at nearly the slowest speed
    5 minute water pre wash with water
    5 minutes of PMK 1:2:100
    5 minutes of PMK 1:2:100 (second batch)
    1 minutes Water (stop)
    5 minutes using TF4
    2 minutes with Sodium Metaborate (.5 tsp / liter)
    Wash 20 minutes

Rollo
    Jobo set at nearly the slowest speed
    5 minute water pre wash with Sodium Metaborate (.5 tsp / liter)
    7 minutes of Rollo 15:30:1000
    1 minutes Water (stop)
    5 minutes using TF4
    2 minutes with Sodium Metaborate (.5 tsp / liter)
    Wash 20 minutes

I am interested in Dev time suggestions using PMK and Rollo, as well as PyroCat. I typically shoot FP4+ at 80-100 ISO and would likely start the same with the Efke/Adox.

Thanks in advance for your recomendations!
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are using a neutral or alkaline pH fixer like TF4 then you don't need the final metaborate bath.

Images
    Steve,
    I use a Jobo with expert drums. PF Rollo Pyro, essentially same process that you listed. I determined a personal EI of 50 for PL100. I have been using efke for several years, back when fotoimpex was the source.

Cheers,
    Geary
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PL100, SBR7, 71F, 13-minutes in Pyrocat HD 1:1:100
    That's with continuous brush development which is supposed to be about the same time-wise as Jobo.
    As always, YMMV.
    juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm with you and Gary on the Rollo Pyro process/times. My main difference is I use a Beseler base.

I also use expert drums but unlike Gary I haven't got my personal anything figured out yet I keep waiting for a nice day to make my test exposures but have't had much luck lately. Maybe tomorrow.

Alan.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Gerald - Thank you - yes I am aware that the final metaborate bath is not required. Old habits just die hard I guess

Geary - Thanks - just to clarify - when using PL100 and Rollo - you Develop for 7 minutes at 70 degrees? This would allow me to mix FP4 and PL100 which would be nice hmhhhh

Juan - I will try a batch of film with PyroCat and use your recomendation - thanks!

Alan - thanks for the additional comments about using Rollo in a drum - this helps tremendously.

I plan to shoot a little next week and develop soon after. Cheers!

Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin