Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,905   Posts: 1,584,598   Online: 894

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

Adox Fine Print Vario Classic FB tests?

Anybody using this paper? I have run a search here but couldn't find anything.
    I have some and ran a couple of tests today.
    In Ilford warmtone developer 1:9 at 24 dgrees (college darkroom, water is always this warm)
    MDT above 3 below 4 mins, havn't broken it down any further.
    Flash test (using RH designs paper flash 4 secs + 1/10 stop
    Anybody else who has tested the paper i would be interested in haring as a poor studnt I have to save paper! Dry down % would be useful to know as I assume this is not affected by developer etc. but is a constant?
    I am making assumtions here but am I right in thinking that both the MDT and the flash tim would be longer in Ilford Cooltone? Or would the devloper used only affect the MDT?
    "The Church says that the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church"
    Ferdinand Magellan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Adox don't manufacture anything, it's rebadged paper from another company.

Fotoimpex in Germany and J&C in the US are selling various products under this brand name (which they now own) and sourcing from EFKE, Forte, Ilford and possibly others.

The paper you are asking about is almost certainly Forte Polygrade FB, and was formerly sold under the Classic Arts name by Fotoimpex.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I understood that ADOX film was also called EFKE, now I am told the paper is "almost ceratinly" Forte polygrad FB. Anybody know for certain? Anybody have information on it. It is crtainly very nice paper for a good price from retrophotographic whatever it is called.
    "The Church says that the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church"
    Ferdinand Magellan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's not Forte Polygrade, AFAIK.

Search for "Vario Classic" and get a whole lot of threads.

This one for example:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...=vario+classic

I use it a lot and am pleased with the results. I develop in Dekol 1+2 or 1+1. It's cool/neutral in those dilutions. Goes slightly blue in 2+1. I tone in selenium with very little tonal shift or Agfa Viradon for a hint of warmth.
    Be careful his bow tie is really a camera
    timeUnit

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If it's made by the same factory that makes EFKE films and the "classic" ADOX films (Fotokemika Zagreb), it's Varycon.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No I don't think it's Varycon. Varycon is warmer, in my experience.
    Be careful his bow tie is really a camera
    timeUnit

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    thanks timeUnit, did as you said and loads of information.
    Ferdinand Magellan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have used both Forte Poly and Adox Poly each in FB. They are totally different.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    I have used both Forte Poly and Adox Poly each in FB. They are totally different.
    Would you say that the Adox was a slow paper? Are printing times managable, even with cold light sources?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Not having used it to make a print yet I am not sure what you mean by slow?
    The flash test showed fogging at 5 seconds which must mean it is very receptive to light and the MDT of over 3 mins is good news for me as it means I can take a bit longer to get my highlights before the paper is fully developed.
    Ferdinand Magellan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin