Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,392   Online: 700

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    To follow up on the stand processed negs...

...now that they're dry and I've had a loupe over 'em, I have to say that they are really overdeveloped. This is my first go at stand development, and I suppose I was expecting a little more compensation.

The images I really cared about and everything else with a short scale look great, beafy, but really nice. Skylit images in the afternoon also look good, hot, but printable for sure. Many of the longer scale images, and anything shot in shade with direct sunlight peaking through are borderline unprintable-unprintable, at least with my skill set. This is a contrasty film by nature. Next time I'll use a higher dilution and perhaps cut the 30 min mark aggitation.

All said and done though, I'm really excited to see how these exciting new negs print!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pan F+ builds contrast very rapidly and it is easy to get negatives that are hard to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Try IE25, 68F, 6min 45sec., agitate every 1 min. Dilution 1:50. I checked zones 3, 5 and 8 densities (25-30, 75-80, 125-130). Very easy to print.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    In my experience, it's also a lot easier to "pull down" an over-contrasty negative than to breathe life into a terminally flat one. I prefer to err on the side of overdevelopment - like my latest gallery entry.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry, I mean zones 2, 5 and 8.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    There's much we disagree about on APUG but fortunately PANF plus and Rodinal seems to be one combo most agree on.
    Amen to that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin