Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,772   Posts: 1,484,353   Online: 1210

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have half a dozen or so unopened bottles when I thought there was going to be a pending shortage. I also have two different versions, one with the old logo and one with the new. Has anybody scene or heard of different development times with the new?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    I wonder if the longevity is different between Rodinal in older glass bottles and the newer plastic ones? Plastic doesn't keep air out as well as glass does, I have been told.

But then again, I never keep it for very long, I like to use it too much...
    I think the bottles used are not just simple plastic they are composites made of more than one layer. If an SPI symbol is visiable then it should be a 7 in a triangle which signifies composites.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer View Post
    ...In fact, you should do one with a new bottle just for the record. Keep the result for comparison with later tests.
    Exactly. I make a note of when a new bottle gets opened so that I can go back and reference those negatives with the 'new' negatives down the road. So far, I've not run out of time before I ran out of developer.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have ten bottles. I am hoping to be able to use them 20 years from now..

Now the one I am wondering about is Technidol. I have 23 boxes of it and want to use it like in the year 2020.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Matt

Used the dregs from my plastic 'bottle' from '79 or so this Oct, it had been stored half full from '79, I have rediscovered photography...

It seemed to perform ok at 1:50 and 1:100, now I need a bottle of the new stuff.

Noel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think the bottles used are not just simple plastic
    Right, they are packed in H.D. silar plastic bottels.

In the time my Rodinal test is reaching 5 years I will publish the yearly Rodinal "altering" test done with a densitometer.
    Only two years to go.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm counting on Rodinal lasting forever, i have more of that stuff in my fridge than food and i want to bring what's left when i can't see a neg. anymore to heaven where i will use the last 10 bottles. By the way, no kids in my household and i know the difference between a beer and a bottle of Rodinal.

jan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I opened up a NOS bottle from a stash of 1971 stuff I bought on ebay. I've been using it for 2 years now. Never lets me down. It's the old glass bottle with the rubber stopper.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Has somebody an original Rodinal bottle from 1891 somewhere in the fridge?
    It could be an interesting film test against the latetst A&O version of Rodinal.

In principle the receipture of Rodinal is not changed over 100 years but the latest small refinement for Rodinal was done in 1996 according information I had directly from Agfa in 2003.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin