Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,833   Online: 978

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Oops overheated Pyrocat hd in Glycol

I just mixed up my first batch of Pyrocat HD in Glycol. I heated it up to 150, added the Pyro and the phenidone. Then, before I added the bromide/metabisulfite solution I checked the temperature and it was about 175 F. Does anyone know if this will affect the final result? I will try a test roll tomorrow to find out for sure!

Thanks!

Nancy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Arelia99 View Post
    I just mixed up my first batch of Pyrocat HD in Glycol. I heated it up to 150, added the Pyro and the phenidone. Then, before I added the bromide/metabisulfite solution I checked the temperature and it was about 175 F. Does anyone know if this will affect the final result? I will try a test roll tomorrow to find out for sure!

Thanks!

Nancy
    Nancy,

I have mixed Pyrocat-HD in glycol at that temperature with no problem other than some discoloration of the stock solution, which in the end did not have any impact on the characteristic of the developer. You should run a test roll, of course, but there is probably not a problem.

Sandy

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Sandy! Indeed the resulting mixture is quite dark! Here's hoping it all goes well!

Nancy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin