Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,339   Online: 1024

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool tone FB?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Cool tone FB?

Does anyone make a cool-tone fiber paper? If not, what is the "coolest" tone paper. I'm referring to the opposite of warmtone paper, and not which paper would Fonzi use.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Aaaayyy!

I don't know of any, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I use a cooltone developer, like Ilfords, or Burki and Jenny's cold tone developer. You can also add Benzotriazole to a developer to get cooltones, and you can bleach back in a rehalogentaing bleach and redevelop in a cooltone developer for even colder tones.

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm
    I really dislike cool tone papers, so really cold tones to me may not be cool enough for you. But personally I've found Bergger NB to be very cool, you can probably add some eggplant with selenium as well. Developer will of course make a very big difference it image color.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I think that Kentmere Fineprint VC FB paper developed in Zone VI developer is cold-toned (especially when it was in the tray next to Forte Polywarmtone).
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Les McClean had some Ilford MGIV in the Ilford cooltone developer prints at the apug conference that looked very nice.

Best,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Forte Cold Tone if you can deal with their QC problems.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    JandC's Nuance in Dektol also gives a pretty cool tone like the old Oriental Seagul (Not much left argh)

jan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    JandC's Nuance in Dektol also gives a pretty cool tone like the old Oriental Seagul (Not much left argh)

jan
    The current Oriental VC FB paper is pretty cool and cold.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ilford cooltone, Tetenal Eukbrom or Kodak Dektol are cold working developers, used with Ilford MGFB, Kentmere Fineprint FBVC or Kentona for a cold tone print. Cool of even further with brief gold tone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Forte Polygrade is a beautiful cooltone paper, gives deep blue-blacks, depending on the developer you use (e.g.as above post). Can work dramatically in portraits, depending on your subject. Makes a good change from Forte's warm tone papers, which I also use.

Cate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin