Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,828   Online: 764

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Ilford Multigrade IV Problem

In the past week two students, using recenly purchased boxes of Multigrade IV, have had the emulsion start to separate from the paper base after a printing session. The lifting is along the long side of 8x10 sheets and are about 6mm diameter semi cricles. Has anyone else noticed this? In years of teaching this is the first time I've see it.

Thanks,
    Paul

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    A couple of questions for you: Is this RC or fiber? How long was the paper wet in total? What is the batch number of the bottom of the box? Lastly, have you contacted Ilford about the problem? They are typicaly very responsive to problems like this, but they will almost certainly want to know the information printed on the bottom of the box.

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Randy,
    This is the fibeer bas paper and was wet for only about 2.5 hours. I will get the box info the next time the students are in.

Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Paul,

Please let me know the batch number, and also the pack size 10 sheet, 25 sheet , 100 sheet box :

2.5 hours wet should not be an issue, delamination is incredibly rare, normally caused by damage in the dish ( tong scratch ) but obviously I will check it out.

Simon. ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Simon. ILFORD Photo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Simon,

I will get the batch number amd pack size the next time the students are in this week.

Thanks,
    Paul

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin