Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,411   Online: 1044

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format

OK, will try....

Thank you guys, and Bok Denic ;-) vidim da si i ovdje, ha? OK, budem probao sa 12min pa cemo vidjeti. One stop push I should increase about 1 - 1.5 times right? And 2 stops push is about 2 times development time?

Cheers
    "Sve moze da propadne, da nestane, samo je smrt siguran poso!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tuonno View Post
    One stop push I should increase about 1 - 1.5 times right? And 2 stops push is about 2 times development time?

Cheers
    Well, everyone has their own process and system. I think that the general guideline is to add 30%- 50% developing time for each stop push. Not all developers react the same, and not all dilutions yield the same results, so there's no "universal rule" and "proper way" which would apply to all situations, all developers and all developer dilutions.
    It has been suggested that for push processing in Rodinal you might want to try higher dilutions (e.g. 1+100).

So many variables....

My suggestion is to sacrifice one or two rolls of film and do some testing - you'll find more info if you search apug for "personal EI" and "film speed testing"....

Denis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For pushing Adox\Efke 400 to 1600-3200 i use rodinal 1:50 35min, agitating every 5 min
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Have a look on this page : http://www.adox.eu/ADOX_Filme/ADOX_C...CHM_Filme.html

You can see that Adox 125 and 400 are Ilford films .

While I am not disputing this, this goes against all statements from ILFORD that (since reorganization) they do not "private label" film stocks. I guess that wouldn't stop them from just selling a whole uncut "pancake" of emulsion to someone, and let them relabel it.
    Adox own probably large stocks from this films .
    Last edited by Hervé V.; 12-09-2006 at 08:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hervé V. View Post
    Have a look on this page : http://www.adox.eu/ADOX_Filme/ADOX_C...CHM_Filme.html

You can see that Adox 125 and 400 are Ilford films .
    die Entwicklungsdaten identisch sind mit denen vom FP4 und HP5.
    No, it doesn't say that they are FP4+ and HP5+, only that the recommended developing time and method are the same as for Ilford FP4 and HP5 - neither of which has been produced in several years (the Plus is important).

So now we know even less.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ole, what improvents come in the Plus series of Ilford films?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know what the improvements were, nor if they were really "improvements". But I do know that there are differences. Perhaps Simon Galley knows...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    If it really is APX 400 than you will have a hard time pushing this film with Rodinal 1:50. Agfa's recommended development time for this film is 30 minutes at 1:50. I use APX 400 a lot, and have switched entirely to the 1:25 dilution as the film is often very flat at 1:50. It is difficult to over develop this film, IMO. APX 400 in Rodinal, even 1:25, holds highlights remarkably well, and has moderate grain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin