Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,586   Online: 931

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have to say that I emailed Retro some months ago with a peper query and never received a reply.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roy View Post
    I have to say that I emailed Retro some months ago with a peper query and never received a reply.
    That could be because they don't sell peper's.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    That could be because they don't sell peper's.
    pepers made from Scottish malt work very well. The development time varies a little depending on mood but they produce very warm tones and wonderful highlights. Archivally they are rubbish. All the pep has gone by the next morning and you find yourself wishing that you'd never bought the package.

Somehow you get over the disappointment and always try again. Works for me.

pentaxuser

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    =Dave Miller;407705]That could be because they don't sell peper's.
    Doesn't prevent them from telling me !
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah, you must have spoken to their new Polish assistant...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These comments about Retrophotographic are very interesting... I ordered 2 boxes of Rollei Retro 400 over the phone two weeks ago. After a week of waiting I rang them up and was told that they had made an error and had not put the order against my name and address - it would be sorted out and sent. Very nearly a week later and I rang again, only to be told that he hadn't sent it (kind of obvious really). I explained that I was none too happy and had expected it to be sent on the previous Friday and the reply was "...well, I f**ked up...". Great customer service! He did say that the package should be arriving today - which it did - but with only ONE of the TWO boxes that I ordered. I note that The full amount for two boxes has been cashed and the delivery note just says "1 more to follow", with no explanation as to when or why.

Not entirely sure I'll be dealing with Retro again - it was a lot less hassle when I ordered my film from the U.S.!

Dave.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Dave !
    I've exactly the opposite opinion on nigel business.
    I ordered Adox 200 and 400 sheet film some times ago.
    I got the exact amount but alas of Adox 200. I emailed them, and a few days after I get the Adox 400 I missed. Asking if I should return the extra 200 I was told to keep it for free...
    Some month after, I ordered a lot of things among them where a Paterson Orbital and some raw chemicals.
    The package was " a little rough handled" to say the least.
    Nigel offered to replace the Paterson Orbital motor (which I was able to fix, the motor having been pushed out of the plastic housing without more damage...)
    So, as usual, YMMV ;-)

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    me too-I've ordered piles of stuff from them in the last couple of years and nary a problem.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Retro alot and have never had a problem with them... (Touching wood)

Shooter
    35mm RF

Retrophotographic

I have dealt once with Retrophotographic, but never again. I bought some cheap Tasma film plus some Classic Pan and a bottle of developer. The film was said to be reduced in price because of non-attachment of the film to the spool. They claimed that there was 'nothing wrong with the film itself'. What they didn't say was that the film was nearly three years out of date. The developer bore a manufacturer's use by date 12 months ago. The Classic pan was supplied without cartons and with no 'use-by' date, which made me wonder how old it was.
    When I complained,I got no apology, just an instruction to send the goods back for refund. It seems that 'Retro' applies to their customer service as well as their products.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin