Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,269   Online: 1041

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Retro & Silverprint not answering phone.....

Please don't tell me they are already on holiday!!

I desparately want some 5X7 film before Christmas.

Retro have the Adox line which seem reallly good value, but they are just not answering the phone of responding to emails.

Silverprint have FP4 listed, which is more expensive, but they are not answering either.

Seems odd because both pay for full page ads. in Black & White Photography - seems like rather a waste of advertising budget.

Looks like I will have to buy some of the more expensive FP4 Calumet claim to have in stock.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keep trying Silverprint - they often do not answer the 'phone the first few tries when busy...

Good luck, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt,
    Have you tried 7dayshop yet? I know they do 5x4, but they might do 5x7 as well. Worth a try?
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that.

I got through to Silverprint, but unfortunately they dont have any 5X7 at all in anything.

I have already looked at 7 day, but they dont list it - any I find their delivery times a bit hit and miss.

Linhof Studio however have Bergger 200 and 400 on the shelf - not a film I am familiar with, but sounds good quality and interesting.

Anyone else had experience of these emulsions?

Thanks,
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Bergger films are actually Forte and expensive.

You can buy film direct from Fotoimpex in Berlin its cheaper, the post is fast from Germany, my last order was delivered within 24hrs. Fotoimpex stock EFKE and Forte films, They sell EFKE as SAdox and Forte as classic pan.

BTW you have seen prints shot on EFKE 25 and Classic Pan 200, the cornish tin mine images etc, the 10x8 neg I showed you was EFKE 25.

http://www.fotoimpex.de/anglicus/FILME/FILME.html

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that Ian - interesting on the Bergger origins.

I remember the tin mine etc. and the neg - interesting.

I will check out Fotoimpex - is it best to phone up or go online to actually place an order?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt,

Around six months ago I asked Fotoimpex, on their forum, if they would post to the UK, they have a large catalogue. They referred me to Retrophotographic, even though Retro did not normally stock the items I wanted to purchase. I tried Retro but they were very reticent to supply 'off catalogue'. I did get one item but it took several weeks. I would contact Fotoimpex by email or telephone before placing an order.

Barry
    Last edited by BarryWilkinson; 12-18-2006 at 12:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd endorse Bob F comments. If all other avenues fail then if you can, try leaving the phone on dial while you do other things nearby. At least with Silverprint you aren't connected to Musak while it costs you money waiting.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about Morco? They are normally pretty good...

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have never phoned retro but ordering off the website is usually pretty efficient (well, as efficient as the post office, which is random where I live, especially as the postman doesnt understand numbers). There arent a lot of people in the uk with 5x7 on the shelf. Kingsley Photographic (Tottenham Ct Rd, London) will get any Ilford product in a week, but I think their order date is Monday lunchtime so you might be too late for Christmas. Linhof studio probably the best bet, or Germany.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin