Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,864   Online: 950

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images

bumps in fiber print from water

Hi, a friend has some prints that she is trying to save. She forgot to squeegee off the water drops before laying them on drying screens and they caused the emulsion to make a lot of bumps. In the past when I have tried to press prints such as these in a dry mount press, the bumps have always come back. Is there some sort of trick like soaking in hot water, or steam that would fix these?

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I haven't had the problem yet but if I did, I would try soaking them again, making sure they are fully soaked, then squeeging and drying again.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I agree with Alex, sometimes you will get lucky and the bumps will go away. Sometimes the print gets ripped up and into the garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley View Post
    I haven't had the problem yet but if I did, I would try soaking them again, making sure they are fully soaked, then squeeging and drying again.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Thanks guys! She soaked the print in warm water and when it dried all the bumps disappeared.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin