Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,240   Online: 929

Shooter
    Sub 35mm

Sulphide toner question

I need to know how to make a sulphide toner. I have the bleaching out part, potassium ferricynide and bromide but I don't know how to make the toner part / redeveloper. What do I need?

I am going to bleach out a neg and re-dev it in a sulphide toner. I just don't know how to make the toner part.

Thank you,

Kev
    Last edited by kjsphoto; 01-11-2007 at 02:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF

toner

Hi Kev
    saw this in another post regarding neg bleaching etc.
    page 257-258 Ansel Adams book the negative
    been looking at the very same thing last night and tonight
    regards
    Bazz

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Hey Bazz,

I think I found it, it is just straight up sodium sulfide and water to make it.

From what I read if you have a mucked up neg like I do where it prints flat even at high grade you bleach it out in the ferri until you get a milky looking image then you re-dev it in the sulphide. It is suppose to give you a brown looking neg that is suppose to give extra guts on blue sensitive paper. IT says it won't look any denser but it the blue sensitive paper makes up for it. We will see...

Thank you though for your help.

Kev

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto View Post
    I need to know how to make a sulphide toner. I have the bleaching out part, potassium ferricynide and bromide but I don't know how to make the toner part / redeveloper. What do I need?

I am going to bleach out a neg and re-dev it in a sulphide toner. I just don't know how to make the toner part.

Thank you,

Kev
    Hi Kev
    I have a chapter on this in my Toning book. It includes sulphide negative toning for intensification. formulae are included. It's pretty easy actually.
    best wishes
    Tim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin