Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,004   Online: 880

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

PPPD, thanks Donald Miller

I finally got some time to print some 8x10 negs yesterday. Contact prints on Kentmere Bromide grade 3 using Donald's PPPD developer. I have printed these negs on Azo before using the MAS Amidol formula. I used 3 grams of Kbr and I got a great warm dark brown in some of the images. I love the tone of these prints. Different than the Azo/Amidol combination. I printed all day and did not notice any reduction in developer activity during the 8 hours of printing. Thanks again Donald for a great developer! I will try to post some of the images after I tone them in KRST. The Kentmere Bromide/ PPPD is a great combo!

Stay Focused or....Soft Focused!!

Jim

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Looking forward to seeing the scans. I've been thinking of trying it for awhile.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the scans. I've been thinking of trying it for awhile.
    Colin, I will post some prints after I tone them. I should have said in my post that i got warm brown/black. It is a nice look, different.

Jim

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am sure that Don will respond to this thread later as he is out of the country for the month of January. But, I too, use this developer with different papers and I love it also.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I finally got some time to print some 8x10 negs yesterday. Contact prints on Kentmere Bromide grade 3 using Donald's PPPD developer. I have printed these negs on Azo before using the MAS Amidol formula. I used 3 grams of Kbr and I got a great warm dark brown in some of the images. ...
    Jim
    Jim, did you use the original formula from the unblinking eye site or the updated one threaded here a while ago?

I used the updated soup last night on some Oriental VCFB WT II. Very nice.

K.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobin View Post
    Jim, did you use the original formula from the unblinking eye site or the updated one threaded here a while ago?

I used the updated soup last night on some Oriental VCFB WT II. Very nice.

K.
    I used the one from a thread that was here a while ago. I added 3 grams of Kbr to warm things up a bit. It did a good job on the Kentmere Bromide. I just finished some of the new Azo grade two and I need to tone them and I hope to have some comparisons soon. Nothing scientific just a visual! I will post the results when I can.

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've gotten excellent results with PPPD. I prefer the original version, but both versions are quite nice.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin