Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,587   Online: 811

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would stop down to f11 and try using 12-14-16 and 18 seconds just to see what you have on the test print. 8 seconds is a bit short in time for a print, so you may have decent contrast and not know it due to exposure. You could even stop down to f16 if the time is less than 30 seconds. Get some filters! tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These responses are great. I'll try to stop down and use filters to boost the contrast. I'll let you know how it goes.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    I use Ilford MGIV RC Pearl finish paper, I have no problems whatsoever, getting snap in my prints.
    I'll ditto that. I don't usually use pearl finish because I don't want to risk the texture showing in prints that I scan and I tend to use FB for exhibition prints. Having said that, I've had excellent results from my experimentation with Ilford pearl surface RC paper. Not only did I get good blacks and nice tonal appearance (with plenty of "snap"), the pearl finish masks the oily sheen that can be seen in Ilford glossy RC paper when it catches the light just right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin