Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,466   Online: 1087

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    [quote=John Simmons;422779Similar to Kodak D-72 and Defender 54-D, this formula produces a more pronounced blue-black on most papers.[/quote]

John,

Isn't that the Burki and Jenny formula? I was going to try that in the next few weeks with MGIV and MGWT, as well as redeveloping in this after developing with a neutral developer and bleaching.

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanC View Post
    Haryanto,

Can you get hold of Mgd 4 FB ? This is a neutral paper, and it stays neutral after selenium toning.
    Another suggestion: Have you tried Dektol at 1:9? When I used this with Mgd 4 FB it came out blue black - cooler than at 1:3. Don't know if it works like this with Mgd warmtone but it would be worth a try since you have the paper and the developer.

Alan Clark
    yes, but I've still have MgdFB WT a lot, I'll try it dektol 1:9

I'll try to find benzotriazole too

thanks too you all

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    John,

Isn't that the Burki and Jenny formula? I was going to try that in the next few weeks with MGIV and MGWT, as well as redeveloping in this after developing with a neutral developer and bleaching.

- Randy
    Yes you are correct on the fomula. It is a cold tone developer but nothing I have seen gives the same cold tone that the new ilford coldtone developer does with the Ilford WT paper.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by haryanto View Post
    yes, but I've still have MgdFB WT a lot, I'll try it dektol 1:9

I'll try to find benzotriazole too

thanks too you all
    Greater dilutions of dektol on this paper in my experience gives warmer tones. I would try undiluted dektol for colder tones and greater contrast. Unfortunately, you are going to have to use a true cold tone developer for this paper or use a gold toner with dektol to get neutral/cold tones on this paper that you desire.

You could use ilford mgiv paper for neutral tones but the ilford warmtone paper is better IMO in all respects.

Regards,
    John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Simmons View Post
    You could use ilford mgiv paper for neutral tones but the ilford warmtone paper is better IMO in all respects.
    I'd like to try the MGIV WT and Harman Cootone Dev combo but wonder how it tones in KRST. Is there any appreciable change in tone or density when KRST is used at 1+19 or similar?

Thanks, Matt.
    Last edited by Matthew Gorringe; 01-26-2007 at 10:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Simmons View Post
    Greater dilutions of dektol on this paper in my experience gives warmer tones. I would try undiluted dektol for colder tones and greater contrast. Unfortunately, you are going to have to use a true cold tone developer for this paper or use a gold toner with dektol to get neutral/cold tones on this paper that you desire.

Regards,
    John
    thanks John for your info, I've heard that MGIVWT have a good deep black better than the neutral, that's why I want to try that paper,

Matt, nice questions, I'll love to hear about that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin