Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,507   Online: 1089

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilford Process and Prints service

I got a freebie roll of Ilford Delta 400 35mm with last months B+W Photography [UK] along with an envelope for Ilford Process and Prints.

I'm a wee bit confused about whether or not they take film from the Rep of Ireland or is it just a UK service?

Can anyone that knows more about the Ilford Process and Prints service please chime in here and let me know.

I'd also like to know if they dev/print 120? [and if not why not?] Can someone get Simon on the bat phone?

Fintan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Fintan,

Technically our postage costs to EIRE make it unprofitable, but if we get them in we do actually ship them back to the customer who usually bought the mailer in the UK. It is only a UK service at this time.

No we do not do 120 its just 35mm, we have looked at it but its volume related and would be too expensive, also many 120 mono users have self processing capability.

Simon.ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the quick reply. I do have a darkroom and I can develop and print. But my photography time has really suffered since my baby daughter arrived. Its seriously frustrating I'll tell you

Even more frustrating is hearing that there are very few places over here that will do b+w anymore and the places that do, have a 5 day turn around and sometimes the quality isnt fantastic.

Over here the postage to the UK is not way over the cost within Ireland. You are probably sick of people demanding Ilford do x y & z, but I'd appreciate if you took another look at this. Maybe the envelope could be freepost only in the UK and paid for by the customer outside, then add the extra postage on the way back.

I'm not sure but I think there may be a case for making processing more accessible to all. Surely all the holga users and the people buying up old folders on ebay need somewhere to do their processing, I dont believe they all have darkrooms.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin