Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,814   Online: 1015

Shooter
    Medium Format

developing time for fuji acros in rodinal 1:50

hi all, i am just beginning to work with rodinal and have developed a few rolls of neopan 400 at a dilution of 1:50. i want to try some acros (120 roll) at box speed in the same dilution, but the massive developing chart does not list the time for this combination. does anyone know the proper developing time for acros at asa 100 in rodinal 1:50? and what agitation do you use? thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

developing acros in rodinal 1:50

Try 10 mins @ 20Celcius, agitation according to Rodinal: prewash 1-2 mins, 1st min continuous, then 1x every 30 secs. Water stop. Fix as usual. I got EI80 with 120 film and 100 with 4x5". Hope this will help.
    kayus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by temujin View Post
    hi all, i am just beginning to work with rodinal and have developed a few rolls of neopan 400 at a dilution of 1:50. i want to try some acros (120 roll) at box speed in the same dilution, but the massive developing chart does not list the time for this combination. does anyone know the proper developing time for acros at asa 100 in rodinal 1:50? and what agitation do you use? thanks.

I have had great success developing Acros (@ asa100) for 10 minutes in 1:50 rodinal @ 20degC as well. I will tell you that this combination is most successful if you use VERY slow agitation... I do 4 inversions (forward twisting-backward twisting = 1 inversion) in 10 seconds, and do this each minute for the 10 minutes.

I never pre-soak, and I only use water for a stop bath between developer & fixer.

Hope this helps. I LOVE Acros!

BTW... here's a shot I did using the equivalent of the above for 35mm:
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...00&ppuser=1903
    Last edited by BWGirl; 01-28-2007 at 11:09 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added link to photo
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    many thanks!

xjr

Shooter
    35mm
    How about ACROS shot at 80ASA using RODINAL? Can anybody help ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think you'll find a time here:http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html

Images
    Same as for ISO 100 unless scene brightness range is abnormal.
    Gadget Gainer

xjr

Shooter
    35mm
    Gents most appreciated !

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin