Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,515,978   Online: 891

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MMfoto View Post
    What does WD2D+ look like when it's oxidized?
    When mixed up it is a pale orange/yellow, when oxidized it is a dark dirty orange.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it could be one of two things.

Either too much carryover of developer into the fix or retention of some of the dyes in the film which then wash out in the fix.

Some of the dyes used in films, change color when alkaline. They might be blue or purple in the film, but orange in the alkaline fix.

These are both just guesses.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Just out of curiousity - is that image from the Alabama hills near Lone Pine?
    Tim

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by climbabout View Post
    Just out of curiousity - is that image from the Alabama hills near Lone Pine?
    Tim
    Sorry Tim,

I was doing a little research back here and realized I never saw your question. It is in Arches in Utah, right over by the Parade of Elephants.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I get a tinge in the fix when using Ilford Rapid Fix/Hypam. It seems to disappear on sitting as the fix loses the color in a couple days. I've always figured it was a dye from the film that was coming out in the fix, and that the hypo or sulfite in the fix that was breaking down the dye.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    I get a tinge in the fix when using Ilford Rapid Fix/Hypam. It seems to disappear on sitting as the fix loses the color in a couple days. I've always figured it was a dye from the film that was coming out in the fix, and that the hypo or sulfite in the fix that was breaking down the dye.
    Since I OPed this thread about a year ago I have been using the same things. The fixer still turns orange, but I can find no lack of performance or ill effects. I am, however, thinking of going back to PMK but increasing Sol A for rolling development, or trying Rollo-Pyro. IDK, but I'm out of developer, so a decision must be made.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Use the pyrocat, Luke..."

I would certainly give formulary's pyrocat-hd in glycol a try, if you're thinking about changing something. It will open up a whole new world for you with minimal agitation or semi-stand development. I think it is worth using with the roller, but slow development is where it really shines. There's plenty of information available now to get a starting number or two and see how you like it. tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you still using J&C 100 - or are you using another film with the same orange color? I always saw a lot of dye when using J&C 100 - in the presoak, the developer, the stop and the fix, although I don't use WD2D nor TF-4, so I didn't see orange. As PE said, could be the dye.
    juan

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Yeah, with results like that, I wouldn't care what color my chems turned! Wow
    Murray

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by juan View Post
    Are you still using J&C 100 - or are you using another film with the same orange color? I always saw a lot of dye when using J&C 100 - in the presoak, the developer, the stop and the fix, although I don't use WD2D nor TF-4, so I didn't see orange. As PE said, could be the dye.
    juan
    l
    Orange, to greater or lesser degrees. Orange with FP4, HP5, & J&C100. Pre-soaked or not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin